Bike Rental

henny

Will be on the Pride of America, NCL, early May and I'm wondering if there are any places you can rent bikes for an hour or two? It looks like Coconut Coasters in Kauai is a possibility but would require a taxi ride to get there? Is that pretty easy to do in Kauai? Any other places that would be better to do this?

Hi henny! I saw you hadn't received any replies so I thought I'd offer a bump :) I see a lot of reviews / conversations on TripAdvisor about some of the bike rental companies and the feedback seem to be generally good. I wish I could be more helpful than that!

I go to Kauai every other year and always rent bikes from Coconut Coasters in Kauai. I think you would need to take a taxi though. I don't know of any other way, besides renting a car, to get there from the harbor. If you go, make sure to make a reservation so that you can get the kind of bike that you want.

That said, Coconut Coasters is located right on a the Kauai trail - a fantastic bike/walking trail that runs for about 10 miles along the coast. It's beautiful!

I'm not sure how much a taxi would cost but suspect that renting a car for the day if you can get a good deal might be more cost effective. It's only about 10-12 miles from the harbor to Kapaa but there can be a lot of traffic that can make for a slower taxi journey than you might expect. Why don't you contact one of the taxi companies in Lihue and ask for a quote?

You also might want to join your roll call, if you have not already. You might find others interested in a similar outing that would be willing to share expenses with you.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful time!

Archived