Any problems this week boarding Freedom?

dseres

After reading about all the delays embarking and debarking the Freedom at Port Everglades Easter Sunday, I was wondering how it was this week? We are going in a couple weeks and just wanting to know if this is a problem. Thanks!

After reading about all the delays embarking and debarking the Freedom at Port Everglades Easter Sunday, I was wondering how it was this week? We are going in a couple weeks and just wanting to know if this is a problem. Thanks!

Wondering the same thing , we sail May 4th.

You will have to forgive me if I make mistakes in my post as I rarely use Cruise Critic but wanted to respond to this thread. I think the problem with the 3/31 embarkation / debarkation was an isolated incident where someone boarded that cruise (prior to ours) from a port other than Ft. Lauderdale. There was a skeleton customs crew that day as well. I really do not anticipate others having the same issue. Our cruise debarkation went smoothly and I believe everyone was off the ship early morning of 4/6. Our biggest gripe with the embarkation delay is that Carnival shuttled the first half of the line waiting to embark to another building at the port, then boarded the back half of the line first, and then shuttled the first half back to the port to embark. It was ridiculous - we arrived at the port at 1 p.m. for 1:30 embarkation and finally got on the ship at 5:06 p.m.! What I learned is never ever let them force you to get on a shuttle bus if embarkation is delayed. You will get on the boat much faster if you just stay in the line. By the way, the cruise was fantastic - great food, incredible service, and very entertaining cruise director. You will have a wonderful cruise!

I was on that cruise and had no problems getting on the ship- it took only a matter of minutes. It was getting off where the problem was. I'm still not sure if the delays had anything to do with a shortage of agents due to it being a holiday or if the government sequester was the cause. The agent nodded his head yes when I asked if the Sequester was the problem.

I'm truly hoping that the delays don't continue. I get the feeling that the government is trying to inflict the maximum inconvienence and pain to the public so we will beg for tax increases to solve their budget problems- I try and remain apolitical, but between closing the White House for public tours, cutting essential services, and cutting my beloved Blue Angels air shows for the rest of the year (the best recruiting tool the Navy has), I've about had it with all of our current elected officials.

At least the press can't blame Carnival for this fiasco!

You will have to forgive me if I make mistakes in my post as I rarely use Cruise Critic but wanted to respond to this thread. I think the problem with the 3/31 embarkation / debarkation was an isolated incident where someone boarded that cruise (prior to ours) from a port other than Ft. Lauderdale. There was a skeleton customs crew that day as well. I really do not anticipate others having the same issue. Our cruise debarkation went smoothly and I believe everyone was off the ship early morning of 4/6. Our biggest gripe with the embarkation delay is that Carnival shuttled the first half of the line waiting to embark to another building at the port, then boarded the back half of the line first, and then shuttled the first half back to the port to embark. It was ridiculous - we arrived at the port at 1 p.m. for 1:30 embarkation and finally got on the ship at 5:06 p.m.! What I learned is never ever let them force you to get on a shuttle bus if embarkation is delayed. You will get on the boat much faster if you just stay in the line. By the way, the cruise was fantastic - great food, incredible service, and very entertaining cruise director. You will have a wonderful cruise!

I'm guessing your embarkation problems were a direct result of our disembarkation issues. I hope that you are right about it being an isolated incident!

Archived