RCCL or Carnival for Wedding?

cns5302

I know this has been asked before, but can anyone give me their thoughts? I am looking to get married in Fall 2014 or Early 2015. The wedding cannot be from Nov-early Jan because I work in the e-commerce industry and that is a very busy time. I am looking for the best experience for not only myself but guests with children, and we would be coming out of NJ, NY, or Baltimore since we live in Philadelphia. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated :)

Colleen

Our first major consideration was the length of the trip. We knew we wanted a weekend cruise to make it easier for friends and family to come without having to take too much time off of work. Itinerary took a back seat to that. This was for a shipboard wedding on embarkation day, so this might not apply if you want to get married at a port.

Our next consideration was with regard to the wedding departments. In my own personal communications, I felt more confident in Carnival's wedding dept than a few others. Plus their prices were more reasonable for what was provided.

Availability might help narrow down your search. If there's a particular date you want, check with both RCL and CCL to see if they have it available.

Whichever cruise line you go with, be sure to check out surcharges that apply to certain times of the year.

Also research events taking place in the departure city around the date that you want. Large events can drive up airfare and hotel prices.

And NCL sails out of NYC, and I think Jersey, too (could be wrong on that one).

Happy Planning!

I know this has been asked before, but can anyone give me their thoughts? I am looking to get married in Fall 2014 or Early 2015. The wedding cannot be from Nov-early Jan because I work in the e-commerce industry and that is a very busy time. I am looking for the best experience for not only myself but guests with children, and we would be coming out of NJ, NY, or Baltimore since we live in Philadelphia. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated :)

Colleen

Hi! Congrats on deciding on having a cruise wedding! We are leaving out of Baltimore MD July 25, 2014 on RCCL. We love Baltimore n it was just a perfect fit for us, I have gone 2 Baltimore since I was a little girl n now my fiancé n I and my children love visiting Baltimore at least 2x's a year, sometimes more. We decided on RCCL bc we both felt it was a better suited ship for our family. The prices are much different but I felt it was worth it. I didn't feel comfortable having our family n friends pay for a whole vacation if they wouldn't be able 2 enjoy it n relax as well, for our personalities RCCL was just a better fit. It all comes down 2 what u want for ur wedding and honeymoon and what ur willing 2 spend. Like I said it's a big difference in price (wedding portion) n we felt it was worth it 2 us. It has 2 be worth it 2 u.

Good luck I'm right in NJ so feel free 2 message me anytime :) also check out http://www.bestdestinationeedding.com they have a cruise wedding section my screen name over there is mk71809

Kara

Hello Kara,

Thanks for explaining why you chose RCCL. We have four children amongst the two of us so we definitely are leaning towards them as well. I am willing to pay more for a better all around experience for guests. How has it been with communication with royal romance? Are you getting married onboard or at a destination?

Thanks,

Colleen

Hello Kara,

Thanks for explaining why you chose RCCL. We have four children amongst the two of us so we definitely are leaning towards them as well. I am willing to pay more for a better all around experience for guests. How has it been with communication with royal romance? Are you getting married onboard or at a destination?

Thanks,

Colleen

That's where it gets a little scary lol we have everything setup with our travel agent, cabins booked, but haven't been able 2 pay for our wedding portion yet, we will be able 2 do that beginning of may, so I putting it in Gods hands. I have made our save the dates but am afraid 2 get them mailed out "just incase" we can't book out wedding on embarkation day with royal romance. We plan on getting married on embarkation day so that our non-sailing guests can still come 2 the wedding ceremony and reception. :) lmk if u have any other questions, email me if u want July2014bride at verizon dot net

Archived