Car rental at the pier?

CruisingLover

Our cruise docks in Seattle on July 7th at 8am. I'm assuming we won't be getting off much earlier than 10am. We have a flight out of Seattle at 6pm. We are trying to figure out what to do with ourselves and our luggage all day. We don't want to lug our luggage around with us all day and the cruiseline won't send it to the airport for us (because our flight leaves more than 4 hours after we would be getting off the ship & for security reasons they can't just take our luggage to the airport and have it wait for us).

I was thinking of renting a car (or whatever can hold 5 people plus luggage) for the day but would need to pick it up from the pier and drop it off at the airport. Is there any way to do this and, if so, can you tell me which car places rent cars at the pier?

Thanks!

Will you be at Pier 66 or Pier 91?

Hertz has a rental pick-up/drop off location directly across the street from Pier 66 at the Mariott Waterfront hotel. You can pick up there and drop off at the airport.

I understand the other rental car companies have pickup locations downtown also and provide a shuttle van from the piers to their locations.

Hertz is nice from Pier 66 because you don't have to deal with luggage on a rental car shuttle bus.

There are kiosks at both piers and the companies will shuttle you to the cars which are located off site. There is also LEFT LUGGAGE at each pier for $3 per bag ?? but it must be picked up by 3 or 3:30pm. Info on the Port web site:

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Explore-Terminals/Pages/default.aspx

Parking is hard to find and parking lots are $10-$25 in Seattle. Depending on your sightseeing plans you may find it cheaper to store your luggage in the trunk, and just leave the car where it is until you're ready to go to SeaTac. For instance if you're at pier 66 you can take the elevator near the Marriott for easier access to the Market. From the Market you walk 2-3 blocks to Westlake where you can catch the monorail to Seattle Center / Space Needle.

Will you be at Pier 66 or Pier 91?

Hertz has a rental pick-up/drop off location directly across the street from Pier 66 at the Mariott Waterfront hotel. You can pick up there and drop off at the airport.

I understand the other rental car companies have pickup locations downtown also and provide a shuttle van from the piers to their locations.

Hertz is nice from Pier 66 because you don't have to deal with luggage on a rental car shuttle bus.

We will be departing from Pier 66 so does that mean we come back to the same one?

I will look into Hertz. Do you know if there are any other rental car agencies at the same location?

Thank you very much :):):)

Well, apparently, we CAN have our luggage shipped right to the airport from our cabin!

This is how we have done it on EVERY cruise we have gone on (set the luggage outside the cabin the night before we dock and don't see it until we get to our home airport) but I was told differently for this cruise so I was a little confused as to what people do with their luggage :confused: However, I was on the phone with an NCL person for about 45 minutes last night and she told me of a program called "NCL Easy Fly / BAGS Program" that only a few cities and airlines offer for this service (Seattle - which is where we are flying home from and Alaska Air - which is our airline :)). So we are all set for our luggage. She said the information is NOT on the main NCL site for everyone to see because it's not offered to everyone so she told me letter by letter and number by number the exact site to look at for it. We can't pre-book this service so we will have to do it while on board.

I just wish it would have been clear from the beginning because I wasted SO much time researching and trying to figure out what in the world we were going to do with our luggage while in Seattle for about 4 or 5 hours!

Archived