Flight time after Glory Cruise.Should I worry?

LuvTheSea14

We will be on Glory on July 2. Our flight after the cruise is at 1:40. We are taking Mears from the ship to get to Orlando. Is this Too early? Do we need to carry our own luggage off or are we OK with time? thanks

I was on the Glory last week and had a flight out of MCO at 2:00. We made it with an hour to spare. That doesn't sound like alot but it wasn't a typical debarkation day. The ship was 2 hours late getting into port and then during debarkation the fire alarm went off and the terminal had to be evacuated. We did not use self debarkation and we still made it.

We came off the Glory last month with a 3 PM flight out of MCO. We also used Mears, and we did not use early embarkation. We arrived in port exactly on schedule, and we were called to disembark around 10:30. We wound up at the airport at about 12:30. You should be good to go.

We sailed the Glory 4/9 and absolutely loved the ship and itinerary (western). We were very late getting into port (nearly 2 hours) and thus debarkation was behind. Self assist was called at 9:00 a.m. and our deck was called at 9:45 a.m. and it was exactly one hour getting off the ship. We used Mears (very convenient) and arrived at the airport at noon. Am sure that even with getting in late, a 1:40 p.m. flight would be fine. enjoy!

We were just on the Glory & since you are traveling in the summer this is likely to happen - Rain - because it was raining our arrival was delayed 2 hours, then slow dembarkation according to carnival "to keep everyone dry" and on top of this a fire alarm in the port so we were one of the 1st decks to be called at the same time they were calling self-dembarkation and that was about 11:30 am so you may be cutting it close as you never know what will happen as the Glory has been delayed many times for other reasons too.

I have cruised out of Pt. Canaveral a number of times and have always debarked pretty early. I am on the Sovereign on the 4th of July weekend and have a noon flight on the 4th. I was on this ship last month and was off the ship and in my car by 8:30. As long as the ship is not delayed you should have more than enough time. I've had the same good luck on the Fantasy and Glory.

:confused: What is Mears??

Mears is the company that runs the shuttle service between Orlando and Port Canaveral. If Carnival makes the travel arrangements for you, then you will be using Mears, although you can also use it without prior arrangement ($25 one way).

Carnival Glory Western Caribbean, 5/21 - 5/28 2005

Archived