Garment Bag Question

MSC

I know that we are allowed two pieces of luggage weighing no more than 50lbs. each that we may check in at the airport. If I bring a garment bag will it be considered one of the two pieces? If it is, can I get around it be carrying it on the airplane?:confused:

I know that we are allowed two pieces of luggage weighing no more than 50lbs. each that we may check in at the airport. If I bring a garment bag will it be considered one of the two pieces? If it is, can I get around it be carrying it on the airplane?:confused:

Which airline are you flying? What size/weight is the garment bag? I usually consult the airlines website or give customer service a call to double check on their luggage requirements.

Generally, checked baggage is checked baggage. The garment bag will be counted toward your limit. You can carry it on the plane -- as long as it meets the size requirements for carry-on luggage (which differs for each airline somewhat). You are limited to 1 carry-on piece of luggage and 1 personal item (i.e. a backpack, purse, laptop, etc).

Archived