Cruisinig to Norwegian Fjords which ports can we do without excursions?

MamaFC

Alesund is a very DIY place from what I've found. See my post elsewhere to the person wondering what to do there, and write the tourism office (if you have 3-4 weeks before you go) and they'll send you a great brochure. For DIYrs like you and me, it's a great city because you can walk back to the ship at lunchtime!

There is a public bus in Geiranger that goes up to the Mt. Dalsnibba (spelling may be incorrect) viewpoint, plus a lake view farther down. There's also a ferry to Hellsylt (through the fjord).

visitalesund-geiranger dot com is a good site to check for information on things in Geiranger.

Where do you get the public bus in Geiranger? Does the bus have a number or route sign? Where do you purchase tickets? What is the cost? How long is the bus ride?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!! You will find it's a wealth of information from multiple sources.

My first suggestion is to check out the "Roll Call" for your sailing. You'll be able to communicate with your fellow cruisers and get a lot of information about your specific cruise. Here is a link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1627293

My second suggestion is to post the Celebrity specific questions on the Celebrity board. Here is another link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Good Luck and I hope you have a Great Cruise!!

Thanks a lot!

Archived