Premier parking - Port canaveral ... Mistake or not?

Indy_Cindy

As a newbie, with a cruise to the Bahamas in 4 months, I find myself surfing the boards here, always on the lookout for any information that might prove helpful.

I like to go in with my eyes wide open, and with as much taken care of in advance as possible.

That said, I have made advance arrangements for parking while on my cruise and now fear I may have made a mistake.

I have prepaid for parking at Port Canaveral through Premier parking ... and just ran across a link in another thread thoroughly trashing them (though for a lot in Port Everglades).

Can someone provide a review of Premier Parking at Port Canaveral based on personal experience?

not one I'd recommend

farther away than most of the others

feedback here is not too good

http://www.yelp.com/biz/premier-parking-usa-port-canaveral-cocoa

btw - not a part of Premier Parking Ventures which serves many ports and airports . . .

My parking reservation IS with Premier Parking Ventures. The reservation information lists Cape Canaveral Cruise as the location.

Now I'm even more confused.:confused:

Edited by Indy_Cindy

http://premierparkingusa.com/discount-airport-parking-and-cruise-parking-locations

Cruise Parking

•Port Everglades cruise parking

•Port Galveston Tx cruise parking

•Port Liberty cruise parking

•Port of Miami cruise parking

•Port of Tampa cruise parking

•San Diego cruise parking

???

Edited by Capt_BJ

Grrr. Now I can't even find Port Canaveral listed on the Premier Parking Ventures website even though I have a valid reservation number. I'm wondering if I should cancel the reservation and just take a loss on half the amount I shelled out up front (one day of parking, taxes & a 5.00 cancellation fee).

Anyone have personal experience with Premier Parking Ventures at Port Canaveral?

http://premierparkingusa.com/discount-airport-parking-and-cruise-parking-locations

Cruise Parking

•Port Everglades cruise parking

•Port Galveston Tx cruise parking

•Port Liberty cruise parking

•Port of Miami cruise parking

•Port of Tampa cruise parking

•San Diego cruise parking

???

That's the same information I find on their website NOW. :eek: However, when I made my reservation a month or so ago, Port Canaveral was listed and I have a valid confirmation number for the dates of my August cruise.

I sent a message to the website and just got a phone call in response. They no longer handle parking at Port Canaveral and will be issuing a full refund.

Looks like I need to do additional research for my parking needs.

btw for folks who may stumble on to this thread

Premier Parking Ventures does not own or operate any parking facility so far as I know.

They operate parking facilities by 'sub-lease' of parking space from other companies.

I learned this after arranging parking thru them on Port of Miami .... I would reluctantly book with them again after serious consideration of time vs money. In my experience I waited an hour for their shuttle while looking at the port's garage 25 feet away, where my car & I COULD have been ... and I'd be gone.

• 5 weeks later...

The Premier Parking that was in Cocoa on US-1 and servicing

Port Canaveral was shut down after the Guy was driving

the passengers cars while they were on their cruise.

Channel 9 news did a sting operation and it was all over

the news.

Parkcruise.com by the Port is the best and secure and safe.

I'm stopping in Atlanta the first night and in Kissimmee the night before the cruise departs. I figured I'd grab some parking close to the port the morning of departure since I've already paid in advance for the two hotel stays.

• 5 months later...

I'm curious as to whether or not you got your refund. We used Premier Parking Ventures in Canaveral in February, 2013 and it was a total disaster. We did eventually get them to refund the full amount we paid for parking, but the taxi to and from cost each couple $36. After a complaint to Florida Consumer Affairs, and a very diligent effort on the part of the woman assigned to our complaint, she was told numerous times that we'd be getting a refund. She called yesterday to tell us she has given up on ever getting what they promised. They lied every step of the way, from early on when we wanted to pay the fee for cancelling, through the day of the cruise, and beyond. I would NEVER use any company named "Premier Parking" whatever! I believe they are a "fly-by-night" company that probably operates under many variations of the Premier name (and maybe other names). After our experience, I checked BBB and found around 50-60 complaints about them in various cities. Never again! Now I do more research before I book parking. By the way, for anyone cruising out of Canaveral, I'd recommend parking at the Radisson. They run a very efficient parking/shuttle service. Wish I had remembered that last February!

Yeah ... I'm still waiting on a refund from Premier Parking. I was assured on April 27th that I would get a full refund but so far, nothing.

Good luck to you on the refund. Been waiting for a refund from them since about March. (see my other post for the short version of our bad experience)