POA Stateroom Noise & Motion

Something that greatly surprised me on my recent Hawaii cruise was the quietness of the room. I never heard noises from the neighboring suites unless the balcony door was open. There is ship engine background noise but turning on the TV drowned that out enough for me.

Also I was impressed that the ship was very steady. Given that the seas were calm and the weather was great - still, there were only a couple times where I could feel any swaying.

Something that greatly surprised me on my recent Hawaii cruise was the quietness of the room. I never heard noises from the neighboring suites unless the balcony door was open. There is ship engine background noise but turning on the TV drowned that out enough for me.

Also I was impressed that the ship was very steady. Given that the seas were calm and the weather was great - still, there were only a couple times where I could feel any swaying.

When we were on the POA, the final morning we woke up in Honolulu and all drawers and doors were open in our cabin and stuff all over the floor that had rolled off of the desk. We were so exhausted, we didn't even hear or feel anything! I'm guessing there was some serious rocking going on, or a room steward who was messing with us. :D

Our cruise on the POA is at the end of the month and I was especially happy to read your post...not so much the second poster but, hey, either way, it was a good cruise!

Jennifer

We were there in the winter and the seas are much rougher than in the summer and we were in an aft balcony (9702). Anyway, four islands in seven days and overnighting on two of them - what could be better? The greatest itinerary ever! We had soooo much fun. It was worth every penny.

Archived