2014 Majesty or Celebration

Hi, Not been on for a while, but find ourselves considering Thomson again for a cruise next year and hoping for some advice. We are looking at booking a 2 week b2b and our options are either Majesty covering Adriatic Explorer and Aegean Classics with 2 adults and 15 year old in a suite and the other 2 children (17 & 15) next door in an outside plus on deck 9 or Celebration covering Crimean Discovery and Ancient Wonders in 2 suites. We have only sailed with Thomson on Dream, just after she came into service, so not a great experience due to various technical issues, but we were very happy with the product Thomson offered. We have cruised with P&O, but all agree that during the summer months, our Thomson cruise felt more of a holiday! Happy to give up our balcony on P&O for that 'holiday' feeling. So my question is of the two ships and two itineraries, which would you choose? Celebration works out a little cheaper for 2 suites, and it's classed as Platinum?? But I think Majesty itinerary appeals a little more. Grateful for any advice.

Been on both and loved the Celebration last year - our first Thomson ship. Just off the Majesty and that definitely grew on us during our fortnight. If it was me, I'd go for intinery. We're on holiday for the ports as much as the ship. If you decide on Majesty you'd probably want to get a plus cabin, which is the same size as standard on Celebration. We would go back on both ships again without hesitation.

Been on both and loved the Celebration last year - our first Thomson ship. Just off the Majesty and that definitely grew on us during our fortnight. If it was me, I'd go for intinery. We're on holiday for the ports as much as the ship. If you decide on Majesty you'd probably want to get a plus cabin, which is the same size as standard on Celebration. We would go back on both ships again without hesitation.

Thank you for your feedback. We've booked a junior suite and an outside plus, so hopefully cabin size will be fine. It was the itinerary that won it in the end, 2 weeks, 10 different ports and only 2 sea days. The Celebration itinerary had an extra sea day & duplicated one of the ports. At the end of the day as long as the beds are comfy, cocktails are cold (and free with our included AI) the ports, will I'm sure be amazing.

go for cabins on the odd side "do not go on the even side", we had jr suites on the even worst cabin stewards ever, and the noise from the buffet above is bad, trolleys going constantly above, we called them trains it was that bad

We've gone for 923 and 925, so hopefully a good choice. We're early risers when cruising & like to be up for the sail in to port, so hope that not too much noise will bother us.

Archived