Buccaneer Excursion....Time difference between local /ship times

tidelover

If I am correct the ship time is 1 hour ahead of the Local Cayman Island time. So if the Buccaneer leaves at 10:30 with a return time of 1:30 and a reutrn to the shuttle at 1:45. This would be 2:45. Since the Century is leaving at 3:00 I don't think this will work for us. Any feed back? What other tours have earlier times? We really want to go see the Stingrays and really didn't want to pay the Ship Prices. Maybe this is our only option.

Thanks

Mike

Celebrity Cruise Lines

Century Dec 18th 2004

Which is also my Birthday.

From what I understand, some cruise lines adjust their time to match the Island time. Carnvial will be on the same time as Cayman, but not sure about Celebrity.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;06;20;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600  Until our next cruise

Dolphin IV 7/89

Sovereign of the Seas 7/92

Holiday 6/94

Sea Breeze 7/96

Paradise 7/99

Enchanted Isle 7/00

Century 7/02

Conquest 6/04

Something else I noticed was that the Grand Cayman Island seems to be skipped alot. Should I be concerned about booking a shore excusrion by myself. Sounds like ship excursion is least likely to be a hassel. It's been a while since my last cruise. I might as well be a first time cruiser.

Mike

Celebrity Cruise Lines

Century Dec 18th 2004

Which is also my Birthday.

We have been to Cayman on 3 different occasions and never had problems with that stop. Our trips have always been during the summer, so maybe the problems are at different times of the year.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;06;20;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600  Until our next cruise

Dolphin IV 7/89

Sovereign of the Seas 7/92

Holiday 6/94

Sea Breeze 7/96

Paradise 7/99

Enchanted Isle 7/00

Century 7/02

Conquest 6/04

I just inquired with the people at Buccaneer and they replied that although my ship would not be in port long enough for the Buccaneer excursion, they recommend Captain Bryan's Hannibal Stingray Snorkeling Excursion.

Their description follows:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The sailing conditions in the North Sound are optimal and you will surely have an excellent time! The excursion is onboard a beautiful, ultra comfortable, specious 50ft Catamaran, it is by far a Stingray City Excursion in style. The excursion is $34.00us per adult and $25.00us for children under 10 years of age. The half day charters are 2.5 hrs long offering 2 stops including: Stingray City, the highlight of the excursion, with a second stop at the Aquarium, Coral Gardens or the Grand Cayman Barrier Reef. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone have any further info on this excursion?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;8;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Inspiration, My First Cruise

Archived