A Heartbeat of Jamaica

Cruz77

A Heartbeat of Jamaica-Discover Falmouth (FYA7) Can I get some input about this RCCL excursion? Our group is Me, DH, DS(8), twin DD's(6) and Grandpa 78. It says in the description that max age is 75???? Why? Grandpa would really exjoy seeins the church I think so will they let him do this excursion since he is a few years over the age max? I was also looking into the 1700's house excursion. Would this one be too boring for the kiddos? Can I get some feedback about either/both.

A Heartbeat of Jamaica-Discover Falmouth (FYA7) Can I get some input about this RCCL excursion? Our group is Me, DH, DS(8), twin DD's(6) and Grandpa 78. It says in the description that max age is 75???? Why? Grandpa would really exjoy seeins the church I think so will they let him do this excursion since he is a few years over the age max? I was also looking into the 1700's house excursion. Would this one be too boring for the kiddos? Can I get some feedback about either/both.

I notice weight and height restrictions on this one as well, only thing I can figure is the jitney ride thru the sugar canes is something they don't want the tubby or too elderly on for whatever reason.

Not sure any of the great house excursions will keep the kids' attention though.

I notice weight and height restrictions on this one as well, only thing I can figure is the jitney ride thru the sugar canes is something they don't want the tubby or too elderly on for whatever reason.

Not sure any of the great house excursions will keep the kids' attention though.

So I wonder if they will deny him the ride because he is 3 yrs over the age limit. And that was my thought for the great house also but Falmouth or Labadee is where we have to find something for grandpa not beach related.

I have the same dilemma. That tour looks good but my mom is 78. I've been told that they are strict about the restrictions so the tour is out for us. The plantation sounds too boring for the kids.

I am now debating between snorkeling (Mom will just stay on the boat), the walking tour of Falmouth, or the crocodile farm.

I have the same dilemma. That tour looks good but my mom is 78. I've been told that they are strict about the restrictions so the tour is out for us. The plantation sounds too boring for the kids.

I am now debating between snorkeling (Mom will just stay on the boat), the walking tour of Falmouth, or the crocodile farm.

Err I'll take a pass with the crocks:eek:

We may just belly up to a bar somewhere. How did you find out about the strictness for age limits ect??

Err I'll take a pass with the crocks:eek:

We may just belly up to a bar somewhere. How did you find out about the strictness for age limits ect??

I asked about the age limits on the RCI forum. People responded that they were very strict and they know your age because of your cruise documents so there is no fooling them.

We don't drink much so bars are not an option for more than just a short stop. We don't want to do a beach because we will have just been on one the day before at Labadee and some of us burn very easily. DH and I went to Dunns River Falls before and didn't care for it so we are not interested in any trip that includes that. Mom can't do zip lines, tubing, etc. There really aren't a lot of options left. I wish there were more tour type things to do.

I asked about the age limits on the RCI forum. People responded that they were very strict and they know your age because of your cruise documents so there is no fooling them.

We don't drink much so bars are not an option for more than just a short stop. We don't want to do a beach because we will have just been on one the day before at Labadee and some of us burn very easily. DH and I went to Dunns River Falls before and didn't care for it so we are not interested in any trip that includes that. Mom can't do zip lines, tubing, etc. There really aren't a lot of options left. I wish there were more tour type things to do.

I don't know if this helps you but I asked FIL to look through the brochure and pick a few options he feels he would do and this is what he came up with.

FY37 - Catamaran Sail & Lagoon Snorkel (snorkel optional)

FYA8 - Chukka Beach Break & lunch (5 hrs)

FYA7 - Heartbeat of Jamaica (3.5 hrs)

FYA6 - Falmouth Walking Tour (2 hrs)

FYB6 - Falmouth & Montego Bay at Leisure (4.75 hrs)

FYC8 - Bamboo Beach Club (5 hrs) - sounds good

Ultimatly we decided to do *FYA7*A Heartbeat of Jamaica-Discover Falmouth.

I actually got FIL's age wrong...Sorry Grandpa!!! He won't be 76 till January and we are on the Sept 22nd Allure sailing.

***I found out that the restrictions are for insurance purposes.***

I guess I should have put this in the last post I just did but...:rolleyes:

I want to ask those out there who have done this tour how safe you felt? Did you at any point feel like you were in any danger? I remember last time we were in Jamaica (pre-children) and I felt very uneasy.

Just an FYI...I went onto the RCCL website and started to book some of my excursions when I came across the age maximium actually went up for FYA7 A Heartbeat of Jamaica-Discover Falmouth. It says it is now a Max of 90 not 75. Hmmmm?!?!?http://https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/info.do?ProductCode=FYA7&bookingView=yes

Hope this helps!!

Just an FYI...I went onto the RCCL website and started to book some of my excursions when I came across the age maximium actually went up for FYA7 A Heartbeat of Jamaica-Discover Falmouth. It says it is now a Max of 90 not 75. Hmmmm?!?!?http://https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/info.do?ProductCode=FYA7&bookingView=yes

Hope this helps!!

Wow! That is great. Thank you for posting. It looks like they have changed the excursion slightly. The jitney rise is gone and they have added another church. It still works for us. I know this has just changed as I have a printout describing the old version of the tour that is dated May 6. Now I know what we'll be doing in Falmouth.

• 2 months later...

Archived