Casual wear in the dining room on the Valor?

Scrappinbec

For those recently off of the Valor (San Juan Itinerary)... Can shorts be worn in the dining room on the casual nights? I read on the carnival site that they say "dress shorts". Can any type of shorts be ok (as long as they aren't too short of course)? Our daughter is trying to figure out what kinds of clothes to pack and was wondering. We have been on other cruise lines recently and think we saw others wearing any type of shorts in the dining room, but we also know that each cruise line has their own "rules".

Any help would be great.

Thank you!

You shouldn't have any problem wearing casual shorts in the MDR on non-formal nights on any Carnival ship. Both my husband & I have worn shorts on nights we wanted to be more casual in the MDR. As long as your daughter looks presentable you should be fine. Specifically, I've worn longer black "dress" shorts with a dressier top. You'll see people wearing all sorts of shorts though & I doubt they turn anyone away.

(I'm reading on the Celebrity boards that shorts are a no-go in MDR for dinner time)

Archived