Just returned from Serenade of Seas Alaska June12-19

Hi luv2camp,

The Amtrak train sounds like a great way to get to Vancouver from Seattle. Is there a place to find out the train schedule online? We are going next year 6/4 and think this would be just the ticket!

Thanks!

This is a GREAT way to go to Vancouver! For only a couple dollars more, I would recommend booking Business Class. The seats have more room, you will be the first off the train, and it's right up by the restaurant for breakfast. Customs is a breeze. The restaurant only has a limited amount of space, so I would recommend trying to have breakfast with the first group.

We did not take Amtrak back to Seattle because of the late departure and the familiar prediciment of what to do with the bags. However, I might try to be more creative next time and go Amtrak roundtrip. We rented a car from Vancouver to Seattle...it was ok...but a one hour delay going through customs.

• 2 weeks later...
mommabean:

We had our luggage gathered up by 9:30 that a.m. and taken to ship for us. And at 11:30 RCCL had someone meet us in the hotel lobby, get us to a bus, and take us to the ship.

Momma bean, sorry for the question so long after your post. We're doing this trip in about two 1/2 weeks and staying at the Fairmont. Did you arrange the luggage/bus thing with RCI, or with the Fairmont?

Thanks a bunch!

Barb

• 2 weeks later...

Barb:

Just saw your post. You are probably on your way. I didn't make the arrangements, but I believe the travel agent booked the hotel and made the arrangements between the hotel and RCCL to transfer us. If I find out differently, I'll post.

Barb:

Just saw your post. You are probably on your way. I didn't make the arrangements, but I believe the travel agent booked the hotel and made the arrangements between the hotel and RCCL to transfer us. If I find out differently, I'll post.

Thanks for the reply. We don't leave until Saturday. I booked a limo to take us to the pier. I love that Limos are the norm in Vancouver!

:DJust two more days!:D

Barb

Barb - Bon voyage. We arrived late at the Vancouver airport. There were 7 of us traveling from 2 different airlines, and because one was on time and the other was late, we arrived at the airport almost simultaneously. A cab was cheaper, but we booked 2 limos - very reasonably priced we thought since with all the luggage we'd have needed 3 cabs - and it was much more relaxing of a ride! Hope you enjoy the cruise.

Archived