RCCL dinner dresscode

momofmeg,

You have cruised a lot. Do you eat breakfast and lunch in the dining room, ever? If so, what can you wear? We have never had those two meals in the dining room but I would like to this next cruise. I don't want to have to wear something to go eat breakfast or lunch, other that the outfit I am going to be in for the day- like shorts! :rolleyes:

shorts are fine. Just wear a pair of shoes and also realize even in the Windjammer they do not want you coming in there in your swimsuit. But this is no hardship-there are buffets by the pool, and a hamburger, hot dog grill and drink station-so if you want to stay by the pool all day and stay in your suit you will not go hungry. This applies to all the lines I have been on.

momofmeg,

For the most part, people on RCI do flollow the sugested dress. I'd say about 5-10% did not dress formal/up, and I didn't see many men in Tuxes, but in general, people were dressed up, not in dockers, polo's and the like. There were some that walked through the dining room though that my friend and I rolled our eyes at each other on...:rolleyes:

It's kind of funny though, I was thinking about the Welcome Party, we were in the Promenade, and there were people walking through, who apparently weren't going to be dressing up, and they actually hung their heads and hurried through the Promenade. Like they didn't want to look up and make eye contact with you.

Last year on Disney on the night we went to Palo's ofcourse we dressed up extra-so before dinner we had our cruise portrait made- we had several people approach us and tell us how nice we looked. Now these guys were all in their shorts or whatever but they looked little wistfull as though they regretted not dressing up more. That is what I could not understand. Not a big deal to "clean up" and look nice.

Archived