Tennis for 9 yo son

luvdisney2010

I know that Bermuda has more tennis courts than anyone can shake a stick at. DS will be missing a week of training when we cruise there in July. Has anyone had a lesson there or recommend a place/pro for a lesson? He falls too far behind if he sits out a week (been there, done that). Besides, he looks forward to saying all the different places he has gotten to play. TIA!

Elbow Beach might be the best option that is close to your ship. They do offer 1/2 day tennis camps in the summer - you might be able to get your DS in on one of those while he's here. I know it's a popular court and a lot of kids go there for lessons. Just be prepared for sticker shock!

I'd also be sure to prearrange with your court of choice before you come down - spots go quickly in the summer.

Here is their website, should you choose to go with Elbow http://elbowtennisbda.com/

I had found the facility at Elbow Beach last night. The private lesson cost for Juniors is on par with what we've paid in other Caribbean areas. I just sent them an email after seeing your response. Do you know much about Tucker's Point? That was the other resort that I found information about that appeared to work with his age group. Thanks!

I'll be honest, I've never been to the tennis courts at Tucker's Point. It is one of the higher end resorts on the island so I imagine it would be just as good as Elbow.

However, the only disadvantage I could see with going to Tucker's is location - it is located at the opposite end of the island to where your ship will be docked. It will either be a very expensive taxi ride, or you will have to catch two buses (or a bus and a ferry) to get there.

I believe the pros at the Government Tennis Stadium work with players of all ages as well. They're located on the outskirts of the City of Hamilton. They don't have an email address but you could phone them - the number is 441-292-0105.

Archived