Any experience of Accessible Junior Suite on Rhapsody?

Hi there!

I'm looking at booking an accessible Junior Suite for my Mum on Rhapsody next year.

Just a little concerned that they are all on Deck 8 which has the pool area, Windjammer buffet etc above.

My question is: Is there any noise issues from Deck 9 if you're in a Deck 8 cabin? :confused:

Then - which would be the best cabin to book as 8010 & 8510 are forward with all the other suites, 8050 & 8550 are mid-ship near the elevators, 8058 & 8558 are further back.

My preference is one of the mid-ship cabins but as this is the first time we have booked a Junior Suite, I just want to make sure I get it right!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and even more thanks if you reply.:D

Gae

No response here so perhaps it's best if I post this question on the dedicated RCI thread.

I expected that with Rhapsody being down-under for some years now that there would be someone on here with experience in an accessible junior suite.

Hi Gae,

we have sailed on Rhapsody in cabin 8042 which was an accessible JS before Rhapsody was refitted. I'm guessing it is now classed as 8050/8550. This was a great location as it was so close to the elevators and we didnt experience any noise that I can remember. The cabin was huge - heaps of space but the balcony was not accessible by wheelchair, which it may be now.

We travelled on Radiance last year in a JS that was forward, it was also close to the elevators but a bit more of a walk to get to anything, so depending on how mobile your mum is will help determine mid ship or not.

Accessible suites sell out pretty quick, so keep that in mind.

If you post your query in the Disabled Cruise Travel forum you will probably get the latest info about the accessible suites since the refit. I'd be keen to know as well as we sail on Rhapsody again next year and this time we are in 8050. :)

Cheers

Kelly

Hi Gae,

we have sailed on Rhapsody in cabin 8042 which was an accessible JS before Rhapsody was refitted. I'm guessing it is now classed as 8050/8550. This was a great location as it was so close to the elevators and we didnt experience any noise that I can remember. The cabin was huge - heaps of space but the balcony was not accessible by wheelchair, which it may be now.

We travelled on Radiance last year in a JS that was forward, it was also close to the elevators but a bit more of a walk to get to anything, so depending on how mobile your mum is will help determine mid ship or not.

Accessible suites sell out pretty quick, so keep that in mind.

If you post your query in the Disabled Cruise Travel forum you will probably get the latest info about the accessible suites since the refit. I'd be keen to know as well as we sail on Rhapsody again next year and this time we are in 8050. :)

Cheers

Kelly

Thanks Kelly - I didn't know about the Disabled Cruise Travel forum but now that you have advised me, I've found lots of information there! :)

Gae

Hi there

well the best cabins for noise are not the forward ones near the suites as the windjammer gets noisy early morning with food trolleys for breakfast prep.

mid ships depends on exactly where

around the elevators is ok but is a bit noisy till around 11pm under the ping pong tables, and all the area under the pool is noisy through the day if you want peace and quiet

although a better ride, for quiet go aft as it is under he spa which is considerably more quiet, just a bit rougher and further to the lift

just match the exact deck plan above your cabin taking into account approx a couple of cabins each way

cant remember which is which for best - also don't go next to the atrium itself as noise from the activities on deck 4 can be an issue - keep a ouple of cabns back

cheers and good cruisin

Greg

Hi Gae.

We were invited to view an accessible JS on our last Rhapsody cruise in February. Very nice.

But definately hard to get, as Kelly said. We book 6-8 months ahead, and so far we only have accessible Balconies. Next cruise we could only get an inside:(

Hi Greg. How're you going? Keep in touch with Elizabeth?

Looks like we miss each other this year.

Seija & family.

Booked

Radiance Oct/Nov 2013 When we make Diamond+

Volendam Nov 2013

Radiance Dec B2B Christmas

Rhapsody Feb 2014

Rhapsody April 2014

Sea Princess B2B June 2014

Done

Rhapsody x 11

Radiance

P&O x 5

Carnival Spirit (don't bother)

Hi there

well the best cabins for noise are not the forward ones near the suites as the windjammer gets noisy early morning with food trolleys for breakfast prep.

mid ships depends on exactly where

around the elevators is ok but is a bit noisy till around 11pm under the ping pong tables, and all the area under the pool is noisy through the day if you want peace and quiet

although a better ride, for quiet go aft as it is under he spa which is considerably more quiet, just a bit rougher and further to the lift

just match the exact deck plan above your cabin taking into account approx a couple of cabins each way

cant remember which is which for best - also don't go next to the atrium itself as noise from the activities on deck 4 can be an issue - keep a ouple of cabns back

cheers and good cruisin

Greg

Thanks Greg for your reply.

Unfortunately, there are no ACCESSIBLE Junior Suites situated aft.

We have put on hold cabin 8550. Close to the lifts so hope it will be OK.

Gae

• 2 years later...