Dawn to Bermuda 6/7-14 2013

snorkelmom19

It was the most forward SC on the starboard side 11010. We enjoyed the Dawn. We have sailed Cunard, Disney and NCL. We like the NCL product for what it offers us as a family, but are willing to try other lines.

My advice, for what it is worth, is when getting a reluctant kid to try the kids club, promise to check back in one hour, and then check back. Once my child realizes that she is not abandoned, she relaxes and often will not want to leave. You can see how it is going from the windows into the kids club on deck thirteen--go out the door in the arcade and walk around the front of the ship to the big round windows and you can do a little spying. October should be a quieter time due to most schools being in session.

Is the balcony enclosed at all?

it had 2 sides and a roof. Front was open above the railing that went all the way across, glass below railing. 2 loungers and a small table. Hope this helps. Just like the mid ship 2 bedroom I had on the Star in 2011

Ah ok. That doesn't sound bad then. In fact, it may help with the wind. I had initally chose this cabin because I figured there would be less foot traffic in the hall, and, only 2 cabins in front of us (I believe) so it's less of a chance of being surrounded with smokers.

• 1 month later...
Dawn to Bermuda 6/7-14

Virginia the Concierge was great. We waited in no lines, we had invitations to all the parties, early admission to the chocolate buffet, priority disembarkation on our first day in Bermuda, reserved seating, etc.

Early admission to the chocolate buffet?? How did I NOT know this was a suite perk? You just made my day :p

What time was priority disembarkation in Bermuda on the first day?

I believe we met at 10:30 in the bar outside Le Bistro (Gatsby's?). The concierge got a phone call that the ship had cleared, and we were taken out through the back areas to the gangplank. I think the time can vary week to week though. It was great to get off so easily. The assistant concierge passed out maps of Bermuda. Have a great trip and enjoy the chocolate!

I believe we met at 10:30 in the bar outside Le Bistro (Gatsby's?). The concierge got a phone call that the ship had cleared, and we were taken out through the back areas to the gangplank. I think the time can vary week to week though. It was great to get off so easily. The assistant concierge passed out maps of Bermuda. Have a great trip and enjoy the chocolate!

Thank you for the information!! My children and I will definitely enjoy the chocolate buffet (hubby could care less).

Archived