Garden Villa Room Service; Specialty Restaurants

psycomac

The master bedroom is the one closest to the living room but I'd suggest you take the back bedroom since it gives you direct access to the patio. :)

I noticed in the videos I've been watching that each bedroom has it's own room number along with a keycard lock. Do we need to say who will be in what room when we check in or can we wait until we get there and see them to choose and have the keycard assigned? (I'm assuming it's assigned or does the keycard just open every door in the suite?)

The master bedroom is the one closest to the living room but I'd suggest you take the back bedroom since it gives you direct access to the patio. :)

On the Gem the master bedroom is the best and it does have sliders outside to the garden area.

I noticed in the videos I've been watching that each bedroom has it's own room number along with a keycard lock. Do we need to say who will be in what room when we check in or can we wait until we get there and see them to choose and have the keycard assigned? (I'm assuming it's assigned or does the keycard just open every door in the suite?)

You can wait until you are in the suite to decide. The keycodes aren't coded by room.

And I'm thinking I'll just tell her that they said her room wasn't ready yet but that our suite was so she could drop her carryons there while we waited and had lunch, that way she won't have to try to lug them around *and* keep track of her 4 yr old DD. I'm sneaky...I got it from my mom :p :D

LOL! Sounds like you have a plan, and you're going to have a great time.

DML

Without going into too much (unnecessary) detail, the only reason we can afford to go on a vacation at all is because my mom passed away last month and left me some money.

My condolences on your loss. Hope you have a great trip and make lots of wonderful memories.

DML

You can wait until you are in the suite to decide. The keycodes aren't coded by room.

You can also usually find GREAT videos of the rooms to help you decide what works best for whom before you go. For instance, my husband and I were looking at a few videos the other night and deciding how we would arrange the kids in a 2BR family suite. I haven't watched this one extensively, but it and others like it might help...

DML

I actually already took care of that in the initial planning. Since the regular checkin area cannot process VIP check-in, and since the entire reservation is being made with my credit card and in one folio, we had no choice but to all go to the VIP section. I had this confirmed a couple of weeks ago by calling NCL directly but also by someone here on the forum who just went through it themselves last month during check in. So while DH and SS's will be none the wiser to what's going on, I told my friend that I would book her reservation for her and she could just send me a check for the amount, that way we'd all get to board together. So until we actually get on the ship, everything will be just as it was supposed to be according to what everybody knows.

And I'm thinking I'll just tell her that they said her room wasn't ready yet but that our suite was so she could drop her carryons there while we waited and had lunch, that way she won't have to try to lug them around *and* keep track of her 4 yr old DD. I'm sneaky...I got it from my mom :p :D

The luggage tags will give it away. Plus during actual check in, I'm sure.

Archived