Carnival spirit - bathroom amenities?

We're cruising on the Spirit on 16th July - yay!!

I'm trying for once not to overpack and was wondering if I could leave the following things at home (ie are decent quality ones provided by Carnival in the bathrooms)?

- Body wash

- Shampoo

- Conditioner

- Shower cap

- Hair Dryer

We've cruised with Princess, Costa, P&O and Holland America before and these were always provided on other cruises but...I just thought I'd check (rather than board the ship with nothing and be stuck with nothing!).

Also, if there is a hairdryer, is it a good one, or am I better off bringing my own Parlux?

AND has anyone had any issues taking straighteners or curlers on board?

Thanks!!

Have not sailed on Spirit but we are the cruise prior to yours.

To my knowledge body wash and shampoo are supplied but not conditioner.

Hairdryers are supplied and again from what I nave read are fairly good but not a priority for me as an aging gent.

Shower caps again I am not an authority on but I do know that in some instances any electrical appliances are not looked on favourably , perhaps an e-mail to Carnival may be necessary for clarification.

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as I intend to enjoy mine.:D:D:D

We're cruising on the Spirit on 16th July - yay!!

I'm trying for once not to overpack and was wondering if I could leave the following things at home (ie are decent quality ones provided by Carnival in the bathrooms)?

- Body wash

- Shampoo

- Conditioner

- Shower cap

- Hair Dryer

We've cruised with Princess, Costa, P&O and Holland America before and these were always provided on other cruises but...I just thought I'd check (rather than board the ship with nothing and be stuck with nothing!).

Also, if there is a hairdryer, is it a good one, or am I better off bringing my own Parlux?

AND has anyone had any issues taking straighteners or curlers on board?

Thanks!!

On our recent trip on Spirit there was shampoo and body wash & tissues, hair dryer was supplied but I took my own, I used theirs on the last morning as I had packed mine, as a lady that likes to make sure my hair is ok, I would say definetley take your own.Robin:)

Would definitely take your own hair dryer it is very week (I have very fine hair so dealt with it but if you have thick hair it will take forever). The hair dryer itself is kind of stuck in a drawer and not user friendly as you can't move it much. They provide body wash soap and shampoo no conditioner.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be packing my ruby red Parlux beast that's for sure, with all that swimming and drying hair in time for dinner, it will be needed!

Forgot to mention I always take my GHD and never have a problem getting it on. Robin:)

Archived