Questions about stateroom, first NCL cruise!

BuggasMomma

Hi! :) I'm new here! Haha! Have cruised only once before on Celebrity in 2006... DH and I with our 7month old in an 'ocean view' (aka porthole) so we really wanted a balcony this time...

Booked our first NCL Cruise for 12/1/13 with myself, DH and DD (7) & DD (8)

Currently booked for family balcony 12218... I just found Gambee's review and am slowly making my way through it... I noticed somewhere it was mentioned that a couple of the balcony rooms are "located on a 'bump-out" and therefore have a little more room on their balconies... So of course I had to peek at the stateroom diagram... If I'm guessing correctly, that would be rooms 12180 and 12780 on that level. Does anyone know if I am correct? If this is the case I'm considering giving a call and seeing if we could change the stateroom... I think that's also next to the elevators so perhaps it isn't considered close enough to the splash academy... But worth a shot, right? And then I have to wonder if it will be too noisy right there next to the elevators...

Any tips would be much appreciated! Also, cruise is already paid off... Will that affect our switching staterooms if they are both 'B2' category?

Thanks Much in Advance!!

We had switched to one of those "hump" type balconies and then switched back after we saw the pictures of them (below if I can load them). It looked to us as though if we were standing/sitting right at the railing, which is what we do, we would be looking into a lot of the balconies along the side, and even into the balconies on the deck below. Anyone at their railing would be looking right back at us. We felt that at least if we have a regular balcony, only the people next to us can look right over. Although it does look like a much better size, we decided that we would like more privacy.

8810026116_b892fb7b54_b.jpg.cb617ad14f38f3bea41c3cef9e0c2db4.jpg

8810025496_cef54a50e2_b.jpg.577f10e45a444ab26ced504672e62716.jpg

We had switched to one of those "hump" type balconies and then switched back after we saw the pictures of them (below if I can load them). It looked to us as though if we were standing/sitting right at the railing, which is what we do, we would be looking into a lot of the balconies along the side, and even into the balconies on the deck below. Anyone at their railing would be looking right back at us. We felt that at least if we have a regular balcony, only the people next to us can look right over. Although it does look like a much better size, we decided that we would like more privacy.

I thought they may look like that, but since I intend to be mostly sitting and relaxing I thought they may afford more comfort/different view. I didn't think that view would be of others, but I don't think it will be a problem. I am just excited to enjoy the ocean air! Thanks for the pictures. :)

Thanks Steve & Sharon... Since we'll be traveling with our two daughters (7 & 8) I know we'll all want to be able to be out there to see the view at times... Not that there will be much room to move around, but at least we can all stand out there! :)

It does look like a nice size balcony and we thought about keeping it anyways. Having more than 2 in the cabin would make a difference also. You will have a lot more room for the four of you. I did find the picture of the other side of the balcony and it looks about twice as deep on the other side.

8799445261_d05dbbe6e1_b.jpg.9bfca4cab44a98b1edd0d5b85a8ca538.jpg

Archived