Cenotes at Cuzama

mlrt

I read on the Yucatan Today about a tour that is offered that takes you to 3 cenotes. I am interested in doing this when we go in July. It sounds like a great adventure but I worry about if there is enough time to do this. I would also like to spend at least a little time in Meridia. I have read such wonderful things about it on this website. I also like the idea of having lunch at Hacienda Tepich as recommended in the article.

Our boat arrives at 8:00 and leaves at 4:00.

Does anyone know if this is at all resonable or if I try will I be doomed to miss the boat?

As I read from others who think missing the boat would be an adventure in itself, I do not think my husband would feel the same. In fact, if we were to miss the boat, I'm sure I would never hear the end of it.

On the map, Cuzama seems to be about 40 km southeast of Merida. You would probably have to hire a taxi in Progreso and would probably go through the outskirts of Merida to get there. Merida is 21 miles from Progreso.

Missing the boat would not be an adventure, but believe me, you will be reminded of it till you leave this world. There appears to be an expressway circling Merida. Remember, the english language is not commonplace. Good luck. John

On the map, Cuzama seems to be about 40 km southeast of Merida. You would probably have to hire a taxi in Progreso and would probably go through the outskirts of Merida to get there. Merida is 21 miles from Progreso.

Missing the boat would not be an adventure, but believe me, you will be reminded of it till you leave this world. There appears to be an expressway circling Merida. Remember, the english language is not commonplace. Good luck. John

How much time should I allow for travel? The article says it's about 45 minutes from Meridia. You then board what they call a "truck" that runs along centry old truck tracks for another 9 km. The "truck" seems to be pulled by a horse.

What are my chances for getting an English speaking taxi driver? Do you think the taxi driver would wait for us to do our tour? Could be a long time. If he leaves, will I be able to get another taxi out of Cuzama? The tour is only 100 pesos for 4 people but how much do you think the taxi will be?

Am I totally crazy for even thinking of doing this? I there anyone else who has tried this?

Archived