Pride of Aloha - 6/5/05 - Review

birdcat

:D Sounds like you are a laid-back couple and enjoy yourselves anywhere, anytime!

What a great review! :D

My husband and I went on our first cruise in January 2005 on the Carnival Elation and loved it. I have been reading NCL boards because we want to go to Hawaii next, and your review was one of the best I've read!:D

Anyway...thanks for taking the time to post and give a good overview.

I would love to hear more about Maui and the ocean center and your excursions. We are stressed about getting it all in...we may have to take two trips, darn!

Thanks again,

Lisa

Hi Lisa -

We are kind of laid back but I love to have a great time so...

Maui was beautiful - One of the places Mindy said she could live (other was Kauai). The Ocean Center is not to be missed if you like aquariums. The photos don't do it justice. Even their gift shop had reasonable prices (we got some mugs for $1.50 each!).

The thing about cruising in general is it gives you a taste of what can be done in each place - For a concentrated experience, I think you would need to spend a week (at least) on each of the islands we visited (something I would love to do in retirement). I will do the POA cruise again, choosing different excursions (I need to do the Haleakala at sunrise again since we got such back weather the first time), probably in four or five years - I loved the ship and the crew (not to mention the destinations) and hope they can keep it up properly (RCCL does that with their ships very well so why not NCLA).

Archived