Gastric Bypass meals on NCL

RI_Lady

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am sorry it took so long to get back to you all.

The cruise experience post RNY was great. I was 5 weeks out and beginning to eat soft foods. The meal choices offered each evening were adaptable for me. I focused on soft food choices, so flakey fish dishes worked well. I had steamed veggies each night. although I could only eat a very small amount I enjoyed it.

Yogurt, Cottage cheese, cheese cubes, peanut butter became the foods I sought out. I brought my protein powder along and a shaker to mix my two daily protein drinks. I need to use Lactaid, and I requested it from the ship and they had an adequate supply. Every morning I ordered two glasses from room service. I mixed one as a shake and saved the other one for later in the day. I did not get sick. Everything was great.

We have another cruise planned for New Years Eve and I can not wait. I am almost 3 months since my surgery and I am down 46 pounds!!!! feeling great, DM under control.

This is the best thing I have ever done for my health.

We have another cruise planned for New Years Eve and I can not wait. I am almost 3 months since my surgery and I am down 46 pounds!!!! feeling great, DM under control.

This is the best thing I have ever done for my health.

That is awesome! Congratulations! And happy planning for the next cruise! :)

• 3 months later...
Thank you very, vey much! I had no idea the cruise line carried Lactaid! I assumed I could only use skim. I really hope my nutritionist allows me to have peanut butter soon!!!

We cruised to welcome 2014 in and it was great. Once again my new lifestyle was not an issue. At the time of the cruise I was 5.5 months post-op and my food choices have expanded. Still eating very small amounts but how well I feel can not be described. I am able to tolerate soft foods, soups and moist meats and sea foods. The best part of cruising for me is the freedom to relax. I found myself participating in activities that I felt self conscious about when I was heavier like going to the dance activities. Lots of fun. No issues but I am careful with what I eat and drink.

The cruise was on a Carnival ship and we had a ball! Good luck to all of you who are on this journey to health!

Karen