Breakaway Kids Club..a few questions about times.

karensi

Hi, leaving on the Breakaway this Sunday :p

My grandchildren (ages 9,7 and5) will be going to the kids clubs. I think I read that they are closed from 5pm to 7pm for families to have dinner together. Is that everyday or just when in port?

Also, we are trying to figure out times for dinner. Is the kids talent show on the last night and what time is that?

Thanks so much,

Karen :)

Hi, leaving on the Breakaway this Sunday :p

My grandchildren (ages 9,7 and5) will be going to the kids clubs. I think I read that they are closed from 5pm to 7pm for families to have dinner together. Is that everyday or just when in port?

Also, we are trying to figure out times for dinner. Is the kids talent show on the last night and what time is that?

Thanks so much,

I have wondered the same. My girls will be 9&7 at the time of our sailing. Interested to hear how your trip goes! :cool:

I have read that if you are going to a 7pm show, the kids club will take children early, to allow you to get to the show on time. I don't know when the kids talent show is.

Karensi, can you report back after your trip to let us know how it went?

I too will be interested in how your dinner ressies/show times worked out with the kids club hours.

I was hoping to make all my reservations prior to sailing and I'm curious how I can make it to a 7:00pm show when the restaraunts don't open until 5:30 and the kids club doesn't open till 7 yet they tell you to show up early for a 7pm show. :confused:

Thanks!!

KEPE, yes I will let you know how things went.

Since we are a party of 10 we are able to make reservations in the MDR. We are hoping to make 6pm reservations and already have 4 specialty restaurants booked for 6pm. We're thinking (hoping) this will work out for us with the kids clubs.

Also, in an earlier post tinkandpan said that they have changed some show times around which makes for an easier drop off. I was happy to read that and told my DD who was also pleased.

When we were on the DCL my DD would usually take my grandchildren to the kids clubs when they finished eating. We, the adults, were still eating our main course, but the kids were finished and anxious to get to the clubs so it worked out all around.

Thanks Karensi and everyone else for the info.

I'm hoping to make some ressies for 5:30 and hoping to be done before show times so I can send DH to wait on line while I drop DD off at the kids club. She is 5 so I think she would enjoy Cirque but would like to see ROA and there was one other that are not appropriate for kids.

Thanks again, have a wonderful trip. Look forward to hearing about it how you and the kids enjoyed it when you return!

Thanks Karensi and everyone else for the info.

I'm hoping to make some ressies for 5:30 and hoping to be done before show times so I can send DH to wait on line while I drop DD off at the kids club. She is 5 so I think she would enjoy Cirque but would like to see ROA and there was one other that are not appropriate for kids.

Thanks again, have a wonderful trip. Look forward to hearing about it how you and the kids enjoyed it when you return!

Thanks KEPE, will do.

And Hi Godiva830, another fellow Staten Islander!

Just got back last Sunday and used the club extensively.

They do close from 5 to 7, but are open early for drop off if you have reservations for ROA. They check your reservation so you can't sneak your child in if you do not have reservations for the show! Also I pre-booked ROA for a 7 pm show and it like most of my show times were changed. It was at like 6 or 630 There were notes in our cabin about that before we even saw the cabin. But the club still opened extra early for show parents so no worries.

On my sailing the kids talent show was a 2 pm on the last full day. Great turnout by parents. And the crew show was fun too which was right after it.

Archived