Alaska: 4.5 hr VS 6.5 hr Glacier Trek?

Lowbrow

My wife and I are going to Alaska on the Spirit in a couple months, and are considering our options regarding the Glacier Trek excursion in Juneau. Has anyone ever gone on the 4.5 hour one? How about the 6.5 hour one? Will we miss out if we don't go on the longer trip? Or will we be dead tired if we do? :D

We're both in our mid-to-late 20s and in decent shape. Anybody have an opinion either way?

-- Mike

My wife and I are going to Alaska on the Spirit in a couple months, and are considering our options regarding the Glacier Trek excursion in Juneau. Has anyone ever gone on the 4.5 hour one? How about the 6.5 hour one? Will we miss out if we don't go on the longer trip? Or will we be dead tired if we do? :D

We're both in our mid-to-late 20s and in decent shape. Anybody have an opinion either way?

-- Mike

Mike:

Hubby and I did the 4.5 Hour Trek in Juneau ....

It was incredible and it was long enough for both of us... It was the best excursion we did while we where in Alaska.

We are in your early twenties....

You can click on my pictures on the bottom of my signature.

Mike, you can also post this on the Alaska Board you will get more answers.

Hi, and thanks for the quick response and advice. I just reposted this in the Alaska forum as well.

As for the 4.5-hour trek, does it involve much ice-picking? I kind of would like to try that, but my wife is a little wary of it. Did you find yourselves tired out by the end?

-- Mike

Hi, and thanks for the quick response and advice. I just reposted this in the Alaska forum as well.

As for the 4.5-hour trek, does it involve much ice-picking? I kind of would like to try that, but my wife is a little wary of it. Did you find yourselves tired out by the end?

-- Mike

We didnt do any ice-picking at all...

It was sooo much fun that I didnt feel tired at all. It was incredible.!!!!! At first you are very cold but after a while you feel hot and just want to get all the way to the top..

Archived