Question about upgrades after final payment...

treblmakr

Hi,

This is my first initiated thread, and we're looking forward to our second criuse. I have a question about lower prices and upgrades, I booked our second cruise through the Fall/ Winter Past Guest Rate a few weeks ago. Today my price dropped $20pp and I called Carnival and they credited the new amount, lowering my final balance, which was great!

I asked her what happens if my price drops after my final payment and she said even though they couldn't give me obc, I could be upgraded. My questions are: what type of upgrade could we expect? We have an 8B balcony cabin on the Empress deck of the Triumph. How much lower would the price have to drop to get an upgrade, and would it be to another deck or a different balcony category?

Thanks for any info you might have.

Happy cruising! We are counting the days...

Suz

Thank you for the info. That makes sense. I have been checking prices every day and it paid off! $40 isn't a lot compared to what I've seen people post, but I'll take it!

Missy enjoy your cruise. It's nice to be close to a port city, isn't it? :) We're about 30 minutes from Galveston.

Archived