Snorkeling in Belize

Winterstale

Sailing on the Carnival Dream on 10/26 and trying to gather more people to do snorkel excursion via Sea Sports Belize - $112/PP for Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley - it's supposed to be amazing! If anyone is interested and is on this sailing - or on another ship and is interested - let me know :cool:

Sailing on the Carnival Dream on 10/26 and trying to gather more people to do snorkel excursion via Sea Sports Belize - $112/PP for Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley - it's supposed to be amazing! If anyone is interested and is on this sailing - or on another ship and is interested - let me know :cool:

Their link for more information on this trip does not work. Is it a boat trip to the island? Also the $10 marine park fee, is that included in the price? Thanks, looks like a great place to snorkel while in Belize...

Their link for more information on this trip does not work. Is it a boat trip to the island? Also the $10 marine park fee, is that included in the price? Thanks, looks like a great place to snorkel while in Belize...

It is a boat trip, yes -- they pick you up in port - and everything is included in the price. I have emailed back and forth with them a couple of times.

We're also looking into just getting a water taxi to Caye Caulker ourselves and going with Tsunami Adventures if we can't make Sea Sports work out -- when is your sail date?

Try your Roll Call.

Go to the Roll Call forum, then Carnival, then the Carnival Dream, and then look through the thread titles to find if there is one for 10/26.

Then ask in there if anyone else wants to go.

Mas - tried the roll call - no one is anxious to fork over the $112/pp for this excursion - sadly -- and I really think it will end up being so much better!

Let me know how 9/10 works out for you! Thanks!

Sorry to hear that.

My group has 3 people and when I contacted Sea Sports Belize they told me they need at least 5 people to confirm a booking as well.

I went and pitched it to my roll call, it took me about a month of posting it (I probably brought it up 4-5 times) before someone else with a group of 2 said "yeah that sounds good, I'd like to do that!" -- Which put us at 5 people total. And our trip is $90 p/p, not quite $112 but not cheap either.

So I guess the moral is, keep trying, if new people join your roll call, feel free to post it again. If not, have a backup plan. Unfortunately all the trips to Hol Chan (where I really wanted to go by the way, but one guy in my group won't take the required flight on the Cessna) all cost over $100, no matter what organization, because of the complications in getting there.

I might have other suggestions. I feel like I saw a trip to Hol Chan also offered through Island Marketing or something. I'll see if I can find a link and you can ask them too.

Thanks - I am thinking we'll just take a water taxi to Caye Caulker and find an excursion from there - we're pretty resourceful since we sail/snorkel a lot on our own right off the boat in the BVI - sounds like Hol Chan might be too much to try to accomplish off of a cruise ship...without making a mad dash for the gang plank - lol.

Let me know how your excursion goes - we are determined to get some good snorkeling in, weather permitting! Belize is supposed to be great!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...

We're going to go with grumpy & happy tours -- they are #1 on tripadvisor -- it's pricey but it sounds absolutely amazing!! We get to fly to Ambergis Caye and they take us out for a private snorkel tour to Hol Chan Reserve and Shark Ray Alley - I'm very excited for the little plane ride from San Pedro - should be amazing!

We're going to go with grumpy & happy tours -- they are #1 on tripadvisor -- it's pricey but it sounds absolutely amazing!! We get to fly to Ambergis Caye and they take us out for a private snorkel tour to Hol Chan Reserve and Shark Ray Alley - I'm very excited for the little plane ride from San Pedro - should be amazing!

Don't forget your passports, we do have 10 hours in port but don't be late getting back. :) Also carful on flying after diving or are you just snorkeling? If just snorkeling you can fly without worry. Have fun.

Thanks...not our first time at the rodeo - we're in the BVI once or twice a year on our own charters so we have lots of experience - and I travel internationally for work so I am familiar with taking my passport :)

We are snorkeling - aware of the fly/ drive deal....

Very excited for this excursion - Loren and Joelle have a great rep so I am not worried about ship time - just have to cross our fingers now that hurricane season is kind to us....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Let us know how it turns out. I contacted them for some information and I am thinking about doing this.

Archived