Splendor Oct. 8, 2013 - a few questions

hawaiideb

We have cruised NCL more in the last few years than CCL and a lot has changed. I have a few questions I have been unable to find current answers for, so here goes.

1. I know MDR isn't open for lunch on embarkation day. When after that is it open? Is it open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, or brunch and dinner on sea days? What about port days?

2. Is cappucino free during all meals in the MDR? (I like to finish my meal with a nice coffee).

3. How much are Virgin Pina Coladas and Daquiri's?(Non souvenier glasses) DH and I enjoy one when going to a show.

4. How rough are seas likely to be out of New York in October? We have a Deck 2 midship oceanview, so we should be good with motion, but this is by far the closest to hurricane season that I have sailed. I have read several posters say the first sea day out of NY is rough, and after that it's smoother. Anyone with October Atlantic sailing experience?

5. Since the Splendor only has the MDR and the steakhouse, how hard will it be to get reservations after we get onboard? Should we reserve ahead of time for our anniversary dinner? (2nd sea day)

Thanks all!

Debbie

We have cruised NCL more in the last few years than CCL and a lot has changed. I have a few questions I have been unable to find current answers for, so here goes.

1. I know MDR isn't open for lunch on embarkation day. When after that is it open? Is it open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, or brunch and dinner on sea days? What about port days? On sea days it'll be brunch & dinner. I don't remember port days, sorry.

2. Is cappucino free during all meals in the MDR? (I like to finish my meal with a nice coffee). No, as other poster stated.

3. How much are Virgin Pina Coladas and Daquiri's?(Non souvenier glasses) DH and I enjoy one when going to a show. Never had a virgin anything...sorry can't answer.

4. How rough are seas likely to be out of New York in October? We have a Deck 2 midship oceanview, so we should be good with motion, but this is by far the closest to hurricane season that I have sailed. I have read several posters say the first sea day out of NY is rough, and after that it's smoother. Anyone with October Atlantic sailing experience? I cruise out of NYC alot in Sept & October (click on my cruise history below ;)), and have never had a rough cruise in the fall.

5. Since the Splendor only has the MDR and the steakhouse, how hard will it be to get reservations after we get onboard? Should we reserve ahead of time for our anniversary dinner? (2nd sea day) Yes, you may want to consider doing so. After boarding I got the day I wanted, but not the time.

Thanks all!

Debbie

Have a great cruise!

Archived