Future Cruise Booking, onboard credit

tsj

Hi all, Thanks to the great advice received here, I made a deposit on a future cruise while on the Dawn in March. I have a question about the onboard credit associated with Future Cruise Bookings, I have booked a 10 day in a cat BC, which I thought would gain me a $100.00 obc for both my DH and myself,

I used an online TA. When I visit the Circle Center I do see my booking, I do not see the onboard credit that I expect to receive from Princess ( nor do I see the obc issued by the TA, but I'm not concerned about that at this point) Anyway, can those of you with experience in this area help me out? Should My Princess OBC show in my circle account at this point or do I need to give them a call? Thanks in advance. Teri

It should show the Future cruise credit being applied to that sailing booking #. I just went in to Circle Center to let you know how to find it and mine had been showing it applied to a cruise we booked, but now it is showing it back as just the future cruise credit. I wonder if Princess' update the other day reset things?

It definitely could be a glitch in the Princess system for the OBC you have for your future booking.

The TA's OBC offered will not show up on the Personalizer though but your booking confirmation they have sent you should reflect both credits.

Best of Luck!

Thank you for your responses. I did call Princess and the rep said she can see that I do indeed have an OBC as a result of Future cruise booking. Of course she said I would have to talk to my TA to find out the amount. Anyway I'm sure all is well. However I am wondering if I would ordinarily see this credit on the Princess site? Where, Circle Center or Cruise Personalizer? Again thanks for your help. Teri

It should show up on The circle Center. I am going to wait a few days and see if mine shows back up. (This is one reason I always make a copy of my future cruise credits on the circle center.)

Same thing happened me and I was also uncertain.

I made a single $100 deposit while onboard and then booked through a TA, adding a second $100 deposit. TA confirmed we would both passengers would get an Onboard credit. On the Captains Circle I could see the Onboard credit for myself, but not for 2nd passenger. I called TA, and TA called Princess, and they said we both had it.

Long story short, We both got what was promised. Showed on both reservation confirmation from TA and then on final Cruise Docs. For some reason it doesn't always show on Captains Circle, in this case because second passenger didn't make a "Future" deposit, but rather made a deposit at actual time of reservation, which is different to CC.

So...if your TA says you have onboard credit, I wouldn't worry what the CC page shows. You will know for sure once you receive your Docs, or even perhaps on the confirmation from the TA. I wouldn't worry yet.

Yes, this has happened to me too and I have called Princess to ask why OBC shows for some cruises booked and others not. Their standard answer is that there is something wrong with the computer program they are using. Great! Here is a billion dollar company and they can't get something that simple corrected? Yes, it's frustrating, but be sure to double check with Princess and your TA that the OBC is there. Also, before sailing print out a copy of your Captain Circle page showing you have used the credit. Just a thought to CYA and get what you are entitled to with your FCC. :)

How do you join the Captain's Circle (what is it, anyway?)?

And what advantages do you get by booking another cruise while you are onboard, on a cruise that you have already broken the bank to make happen?

Terry,

You are enrolled in the Captain Circle Club after your first cruise with Princess. The advantages are discounts on cruises and other perks like free internet while onboard, etc. Go to the princess.com site to check it out.

The perk on getting a future cruise credit (FCC) while onboard is that it is only $100. That $100 can be use to book any future cruise just that $100 and not the usual $1000+ deposit. In addition, depending on the cabin and length of cruise you book, there is additional ship credit for that cruise. For example: 14 day cruise, balcony cabin, $100 additional shipboard credit.

:) Happy sailing!

The furture cruise deposit is refunded anytime within 4 years from date of deposit. There is no hassle. You do not even have to have any cruise in mind when you put it down. We have gone two years without deciding what cruise we wanted to go on. Any time within the 4 years call Princess and tell them you are canceling the future cruise deposit and want the money credited to your card and they will do it.

Well I just went to Captains Circle and looked at my credit page and it has been put back to what it was showing the "applied to booking".

Tsj, just to make sure there is the personalizer where you sign in with your booking number and has your booking summary, passenger immigration, special requests, cruse preferences, additional services, and your itinerary, also you can sign up for shore excursions when they are available.

The captains circle center, you have to log in with your e-mail address and password. Here you click on circle savings, if you click on the printer friendly icon up on the right side of "Savings totals" It shows the credits, such as mine shows applied to booking #xxxxx $100 (this is for a 10 day mini) it also shows the future cruise I.D. #.

The cruise credit shows $100 (for $100 off of your cruise price=the deposit)

The onboard credit shows the amount of credit you will receive on your shipboard account($25-$150, this is shown until applied to a booking) the exact amt. of F.C.C. will be shown when actually applied to booking.

If you already know all this, that's OK. Maybe this will help someone else.

Credits received from T.A.'s will not show up on either personalizer or CC.

Archived