April '15 wedding in Cozumel @ beach site?

Sycofaery

Hi there! This is my first post as I am just now looking to have a cruise wedding. The cruise I am looking at has stops in Cozumel and Progresso. I saw that through carnival you can book a beach site wedding- my question is has anyone booked through carnival the Cozumel beach site wedding, their reviews and what it looks like. It's been hard to find a review for a Cozumel beach site wedding. The ship is the Elation. Any tips and reviews are appreciated!!!

Hi there! This is my first post as I am just now looking to have a cruise wedding. The cruise I am looking at has stops in Cozumel and Progresso. I saw that through carnival you can book a beach site wedding- my question is has anyone booked through carnival the Cozumel beach site wedding, their reviews and what it looks like. It's been hard to find a review for a Cozumel beach site wedding. The ship is the Elation. Any tips and reviews are appreciated!!!

I am considering Cozumel, also...so i am waiting for people to reply to you!:)

The one thing I remember about my port of call to Cozumel...was the ferry ride (we called it "The Puker")!! No WAY i can put my family on that!! We were going to the Tulum (sp) Ruins...so it may not be a factor...

Good luck!

D

Thanks D ! I have never been on a cruise before but did attend a cruise wedding on the day the cruise left (embarktion?) and wasn't a fan of being so rushed so I really want to do the beach site wedding and still haven't found a review. I just wonder if there are multiple beach sites or just one (that you book through Carnival with).

You should look into the wedding license particulars.

Hey there! We decided to cruise to Cozumel (on RCI) but won't be using the cruise line to get married. We're using Cozumel Wedding Planners and will be getting married at Mr. Sancho's. The reviews look really good, and the planning process has been amazing so far (I've even sent them emails asking their opinion on wedding colors haha). But I suppose it's all unknown until January!

Hey there! We decided to cruise to Cozumel (on RCI) but won't be using the cruise line to get married. We're using Cozumel Wedding Planners and will be getting married at Mr. Sancho's. The reviews look really good, and the planning process has been amazing so far (I've even sent them emails asking their opinion on wedding colors haha). But I suppose it's all unknown until January!

i have researched Mr. Sancho's...he sounds too good to be true! I wonder about the Lic. part, though....

Thanks for the replies! I think I am wanting to just book through Carnival (I am not really nit picky, just want an official wedding with some sand between my toes!) but I am worried about the licensing requirements. The only thing the website/PDF mentioned is "In some ports the bride and groom may be required to arrive early and could be subject to a waiting period. For legal weddings taking place in the Bahamas, your ship must be in Bahamian waters for a least a period of 24 hours. For more information on licensing, including fees and requirements, please contact the Wedding Department."

Does anyone have a link to a review for anyone who has had a beach wedding in Cozumel through Carnival? I've been searching and just can not seem to find one. When I google it, my own question here comes up :confused:

Thank you again for your help guys! I am checking out Cozumel wedding planner too :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh my gosh. Our wedding at Mr. Sancho's with CWP was AMAZING!! Seriously! Stephanie met us at the port, the site was beautiful, the bar was excellent, the food was wonderful, even the wedding cake was probably the most delicious cake I've ever tasted. I can't recommend them enough.

Feel free to ask any questions!

1601019_10101825847464009_894784804_n.jpg.a8cc50731b4b995b82ae8396aae2441e.jpg

1517661_10201258820417057_692900777_n.jpg.2fedfa51221fe9e9b7ec71e36393f0ae.jpg

1604552_10152000022488999_217368495_n.jpg.db8d33384ce6a45607d5bf48e439f280.jpg

1538918_10201258623092124_1688862362_n.jpg.1cc0d9c25a05d90d81ac2479d1619c0b.jpg

• 1 year later...
I'm also looking into Cozumel, but going through Carnival. Any advice would be lovely!

Hi AlvinsMom, depending on what you're looking for, I would highly recommend looking into Cozumel Wedding Planners and just using Carnival to cruise to your wedding. We were 100% thrilled with our wedding using CWP - they will make sure every detail is exactly right! I can't speak to personal experience using the cruise line as the wedding planner, but I know there are plenty of reviews to peruse for a different perspective.

Here's a link to my thread with a few more pictures & information. I hope you find it helpful!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1876562