Just Booked Elation! Cabin question

Dixie24

Just booked 4 day Elation for December. Cabin M200. It is aft and across from us is a wall (I think) where the stairs are. The cabin to the left is where the walkway to get on elevators/stairs are. Any experience if this will be noisy. I wanted to be as close to stairs/elevator without being in the actual walkway. Other option was a forward cabin such as M40. Thanks!

Dh and I stayed in U168 on the Inspiration (sister ship). It is the same cabin location just one deck directly above. I loved the location as it was only 2 cabins from what is considered mid-ship and being by the back elevator was very convenient. Being a little forward of the very aft, we also did not feel any of the vibration that some cruisers have experienced, and very little extra movement compared to being in a true mid-ship cabin.

As far a noise, you are going to get a little from those coming back to their cabins late night but you could get that in any ship location.

It just depends on how courteous the other guests are. The wall directly across did help buffer some of the noise so that is a positive.

M40 is pretty far forward so not sure how it would be on movement, if that's an issue. Just my opinion but I would grab M200 over M40.

I would book our same cabin again in a heartbeat - hands down.

:)

Dh and I stayed in U168 on the Inspiration (sister ship). It is the same cabin location just one deck directly above. I loved the location as it was only 2 cabins from what is considered mid-ship and being by the back elevator was very convenient. Being a little forward of the very aft, we also did not feel any of the vibration that some cruisers have experienced, and very little extra movement compared to being in a true mid-ship cabin.

As far a noise, you are going to get a little from those coming back to their cabins late night but you could get that in any ship location.

It just depends on how courteous the other guests are. The wall directly across did help buffer some of the noise so that is a positive.

M40 is pretty far forward so not sure how it would be on movement, if that's an issue. Just my opinion but I would grab M200 over M40.

I would book our same cabin again in a heartbeat - hands down.

:)

Thanks so much! That was so helpful.

I'd say stay in M200 - M40 is pretty far forward, and you might have a whole new understanding of the term "rock the boat" if you get into weather...

In M200, you scoot into the after access trunk, (stairway and elevators) take the elevator up three decks to the Imagination Dining Room where they'll probably seat you, or go up 5 decks right into the Lido Deck buffet. From M40, it's a long haul to the forward access trunk, and even longer to either dining room, the buffet, or onto the Lido Deck. Also, you're almost in the curve of the bow, so there might be a lot of water noise on the hull. (unless that's what you're looking for)

I was going to ask about my room as well, so sorry to thread jack. lol

This is my first time on Elation and 2nd cruise. First was midship on Conquest. How is it going to be for R239 Deck 4? We had AFT dining last time and a couple nights I felt the movement and it bothered me enough to notice. Will it be the same here since I will be so far down?

Archived