Electrical Outlets on the Summit

CruisinDoug

I recall seeing past posts describing the lack of electrical outlets in the staterooms. We are in a category 2B on the Summit in August. Is there indeed only one plug, other than the one in the bathroom? Just curious.

Doug, on Summit, there is a razor only outlet in the bathroom & over on the dresser, there is an outlet with 2 plug-ins & a European outlet as well.

Take a power strip AND an extension cord if you will be using a lot of "electrical appliances"!

Doug, on Summit, there is a razor only outlet in the bathroom & over on the dresser, there is an outlet with 2 plug-ins & a European outlet as well.

Take a power strip AND an extension cord if you will be using a lot of "electrical appliances"!

If I believe the pictures on the Celebrity website as well as the Virtual Video for the 2c Veranda cabins, there appears to be end tables with table lamps

on either side of the bed. Unlike Royal Caribbean Voyager and Radiance class ships which have wall mounted lights, can one assume that the table lamps are PLUGGED into the wall and thus there is an outlet next to the bed.

I am going to take an etension cord just in case as well as a power strip as I use a CPAP device but one of our fellow cruisers ( couple) both have CPAP machines and if there are outlets under the bed this would be great. Wrote to Captains club and never got an answer

You make a GREAT point, but I never looked UNDER the bed for an outlet! The are obviously plugged in somewhere! Just never seemed convenient for the camera equipment, battery charger, etc that we used the power strip for though.

You make a GREAT point, but I never looked UNDER the bed for an outlet! The are obviously plugged in somewhere! Just never seemed convenient for the camera equipment, battery charger, etc that we used the power strip for though.

For the benefit of others who need a CPAP or other medical equipment, I will

post when we return from our cruise at the end of August ( Summit SB Aug 19-26).

On RCCL - we ran an extension cord over the top of a curtain by the bed, wedged part of the cord in the door off the cabinet holding the safe and then down to the table by the side of the bed. Could never figure why they never put outlets on the wall - but with wall mounted lamps I guess they felt they didn't need them. Looking at the room view - there is no such curtain so if there are no under the bed outlets - another use or the roll of DUCT Tape.

I went back & viewed my cabin pix & if I am not mistaken, it would appear that the lamps are actually hardwired into the ships walls! They do not have individual turn on/off switches, they are operated by wall mounted switches which operate both at the same time. This is only on the Summit, Mercury & Century--the only photos I had to view of the tableside lamps!

I went back & viewed my cabin pix & if I am not mistaken, it would appear that the lamps are actually hardwired into the ships walls! They do not have individual turn on/off switches, they are operated by wall mounted switches which operate both at the same time. This is only on the Summit, Mercury & Century--the only photos I had to view of the tableside lamps!

Well I just added an extension cord and power strip just in case.

I would be surprised if they would hard wire the lamp because the lamp cord could fray easily but in a few weeks we shall know the truth and the truth shall set us free ( from extension cords I hope)

Archived