great beach?

mommiemudd

We will be in Nassau late August. We want to just have a nice beach day. Bathrooms/food nearby. Any suggestions? I have tried searching the boards but they have had some trouble the last few days. Thanks!

Last time we were there on a ship, we got off & caught this water taxi (it was scary looking but had life jackets so we figured it was okay!) that took us over near Atlantis for a couple bucks. We went to what used to the the Sheraton (now RIU) a couple doors down from Atlantis. It was a bit of a walk, but doable from where the "boat" dropped us off. We just followed the crowd as that is the vicinity of where everyone else was going. We had lunch at the Sheraton (outside on the patio) & then lounged on their beautiful white sand beach. We had done Atlantis on prior trips (before they charged fees) so did not bother going over there.

I definitely think the best beaches are on Paradise Island. I have stayed on Cable Beach & do me, its just not as lovely.

If anyone knows the current prices at Atlantis, I might be interested in taking my kids over there for the aquarium tour, etc. when I am there in 2 weeks...what are they charging these days?

Archived