XMAS -Silhouette Eastern Caribbean Cruise Family - Suggestions and Help

lawblond7

On December 22 we will leave out of Ft. Lauderdale. Going on the cruise is mutigenerational (we did one this summer in the Baltics so that is not an issue - just 1 more person this time). The party will be myself (50), Roger 51), Carole - my mom (74) My 3 boys twins Clay and Cole (16) and Jake (20) and Sarah (26- Roger's daughter). I am going to post this in a few places as I am not getting answers I am looking for. We will be on the Celebrity Silhouette

We just booked this a week ago - spur of the moment as the price was right and although we usually spend the holidays at my mom's in Boca we all agreed we wanted a change.

Ports are as follows:

San Juan 12/14 3-10 PM

Philipsburg, St. Marten 12/25 (xmas day) 10 -6

Basseterre, St, Kitts - 12/26 8 -5

My mother will have a scooter on the ship but we do not plan to take a wheelchair with us on this cruise (I will note it was invaluable in the Baltics and St. Petersburg) namely as we have 3+ sea days and this is not port intensive like our European Cruises.

In San Juan I would like to do a short couple hour tour to see old San Juan. Since it is Christmas Eve wondering if we will be able to get a tour. Any suggestions would be great.

In St. Marten I am concerned a lot will be closed (i.e was looking at shopping). So Looking for some suggestions - I want to relax thing the younger 4 might want a place they can parasail, zipline, etc. Not sure if there is a place that would offer something for all of us. If not we would gladly send the 4 "children"/younger adults on a tour themselves

The same with St. Kitts. I want a nice clean beach club/pool to relax at. Must have a clean and accessible bathrooms and food.

Please HELP

Thanks

Sharon

• 5 weeks later...

We are also on this cruise..myself and my husband (both 60 ), our daughters 29 and 32 along with my parents 89 and 85. In San Juan we may just stay on the ship or do the rum tour..we have been here a few times and already visited the fort and the old city. In st. Marten we have rented a car the times we were there and tooled around the island and ended up at orient beach. In st kitts ( this will be our first time there the girls want to go zip lining. My parents will probably do some bus city tours. We have a lot of onboard credits, so we will be taking some of the ship,excursions.

W

We decided or basically Roger and i decided that we are alljust going to get off the boat and wander around - we want to see the El San Juan - my mom and I and my brother and dad spent many Christmas vacations there eons ago. We will take a wheelchair for my mom and just go from there.

I think my mom Roger and I will be hitting the beach club in St kitts and most likely the young adults and teens may go zip lining - checking that out.

St. Marten we may jsut hit Orient beach taking a cab, It is xmas day and I wanted to shop but I do nto beleive a lot of the places will be open - being Jewish I did not think about that initially. See you are also doing multi-generational but I think we have a few a bit younger.

Sharon