Cheers Program on the Miracle, soda included :(

mickide

Last week on the Miracle was the second time that I've purchased the Cheers Program. On the Freedom earlier this year, I didn't have any problems. On the Miracle, I went and ordered a soda late at night and the bartender told me that I was over my limit but she would override it for the soda. Besides the fact that I'd only had 5 drinks all day long, I asked her why she would have to override for a soda and she told me "a drink is a drink, you get 15". Because it was late and I didn't plan to drink anymore that day I just decided to speak to guest services the next morning. Before I made it to guest services, I asked a different bartender and they told me that same thing. I argued and reread their info card, nothing about it. So I went to guest services to make sure they fixed whatever the glitch was that made it look like I was at my limit the day before, she confirmed that I only had 5 drinks and then called the bar manager, Clarence, to come and talk to me. About my limit, he just told me to have them call him if I had any more problems. About Cheers...he said that the new rules state that if they give you a CAN of soda that it will count towards your 15 but if you just get a glass it won't. So, while I'm not worried about it because I don't usually drink soda, I thought I'd let others know that (at least on the Miracle) your cans of soda may count. It is something that they definitely need to fix!

And I am aware that not all ships interpret the Cheers Program the same, but we were also NOT allowed to purchase buckets of beer even at full price. We spent over $800 on the program and were still happy that we did, but it would be nice if it were consistent across the fleet (wishful thinking, I know). :p

But it was still a good time: )

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Oh holy cow, was it ever!

I will buy Cheers on every cruise I take and I will HOPE that we meet great people like you and Brandie on all of those...better yet, let's plan another one together :).

Archived