Dreamworks character breakfast

My family will be on the Oasis in January. Our specialty dining and show reservations have all opened up already. But I couldn't find the dreamworks character breakfast anywhere. Is it something that can be prebooked or do I wait until I'm on board?

My family will be on the Oasis in January. Our specialty dining and show reservations have all opened up already. But I couldn't find the dreamworks character breakfast anywhere. Is it something that can be prebooked or do I wait until I'm on board?

That is something you can do on board.

Edited by clarea

You can pre-book it. It is with the specialty dining. It was called Dreamworks Character Dining. We have it booked for both weeks on our upcoming B2B.

I booked all of our specialty dining but didn't see the dreamworks breakfast. Is it possible they will release it later?

On the Royal Site ... it is within the Booking Dashboard under "Specialty Restaurants & Dining Experiences", then under restaurants, you will see "DreamWorks Character Meal"

I have heard that you should pre-book this .. can even be done by phone. I wouldn't wait til you board, it may be filled, depending on when you sail.

Edited by Pebbles468

This happened to me I was on the Allure a few weeks ago when I went to book it, it was listed either. I called RCL and customer service booked it for me. It's best to pre-book or try to book as soon as you get on because there's limited seating.

I did it last weekend and we leave in November. Call Customer Service and book the breakfast by phone. My sister was on the Oasis Labor Day and said it gets crowded so book on the phone. I think it is 7:30 in the MDR. One day is Shrek and another day is Madagascar but the person on the phone didn't know what day was which so I booked 2 days apart so it won't be a repeat (ie Monday and Wed). My sister said the characters just walk around, going table to table and you get a chance to take pictures with them. They don't sit and eat with you. One day only one daughter wanted to go and not the other so it was just the 2 of them and they got in without a reservation.

• 5 weeks later...

Just returned from the cruise this afternoon. Body is still swaying from the motion of the boat. We went and it was fun. We did the Madagastar (sp??) breakfast. We made reservations weeks in advanced but when we showed up at 7:30am, they didn't have us listed. no big deal. the girl just put our name down. It is the main dining room, 3rd floor. Just go even if you don't have a reservation. There wasn't a big crowded. You order off the main breakfast menu (usual stuff) and there is a basket of pastry at the table, there is also a buffet set up so you get both (a la carte and buffet). Character comes out, waiters all sing/dance. There were 3 characters that morning. The host also ask questions and if you get it correct, you win a dreamwork lanyard. We got one. We didn't even go to the second breakfast with Kung Fu Panda. Kids didn't want to get up early. Go if you have kids who are interested even if you don't have a reservation. It isn't that busy. Characters are on the ship doing meet/greet all week anyway so you'll see them around and have a chance to take pix.