Room 9200 on Glory

bm6pm5

You took really good pictures. Somehow, yours seem to show the scale better than others I've seen so far.

We have 9201 (same type of room on the other end). I understand that 9201 doesn't have a pull-out couch (it's listed as being for only 2 passengers). I will try to take some good pictures of our cabin In a couple of months. This will be our first time without a balcony, but we definitely want to give the 6K a try. First, the deck plan for orientation, then a question, if you don't mind:

1395256_10201807203373743_1698868809_n.jpg

*One question: Did you have to keep the shades closed at all times at night? I know there is the possibility of interference with navigation on the bridge from the lights in these cabins and that you are supposed to keep the shades down at night. It seems as if you might be able to leave them open IF you don't have lights on in your cabin. I definitely wouldn't want to cause the bridge any problems, but I'd like to star gaze at night with the lights OFF. Just wondering what your experience was. Thanks.

We kept the shades closed when the main overhead lights were on. But did open the shades with just the TV on for light in the room alot. The moon was not really that bright when we were out there so could not see alot. Did see a Disney ship shooting fireworks off after we left Nassau while sitting there looking out. This is probably the most time that I have ever spent in the room just looking out the window at the view. Very relaxing!!

Thanks for the pics. We have the same room on the Valor in 2 weeks. It is the first cruise with no balcony but the room size and views look amazing:)

You will love it. Have never had a balcony before. Actually thought about switching as we could have got OBC and balconies for cheaper but our daughter said no as this would probably be the only time we would ever get this room. She is probably right.

We are in room 9200 on the Conquest this Sunday!!! We are looking forward to the room. Was it all you hoped it would be? I just hope I dont miss our Balcony. I am planning on taking a video of the room and posting it on here sometime when we get back. I wish we had been offered an upgrade to the Capitans Suite we probly would have taken it. I believe they have already been booked for our cruise.

It was definitely all we hoped it would be. Never had a balcony before but this was a much better ocean view room than ever before! That penthouse suite had a HUGE balcony. If you go out the "secret door" on the 10th deck you can see it.

We were on the same cruise as you. We stayed a little down the hall in 9240. Rudy was also our room steward. Very nice guy. It took him a little bit to understand what you were saying or asking for, but otherwise a definitely good guy.

Really liked him too!

:)

So they let you keep the shades open at night? How hot does it get in the room during the day with the shades open?

We only really kept the TV on for light with the shades open. Did not really notice it getting to hot during the day.

We have this room booked in January. Right now, I could change to a balcony room for $440 LESS than what we are paying for this room. My husband and son & son's friend REALLY WANT THIS ROOM!! But it's killing me spending $440 more. We are totally balcony people, but like the bigger balconies. The only thing keeping me from switching is that we'd just get a standard balcony.

I did tell my husband as soon as it hits $500 I'm switching. We'll see!!:rolleyes::p The room does look awesome and I know the boys will LOVE it.

What's with "wallpaper" on that front window?? that sucks!!:(

My wife talked about switching to balcony rooms too as they were cheaper and we probably could have gotten 2 for the same price but our daughter said no as we would probably never get another chance at this room again. I agreed with her.

Have never had a balcony before but am glad we stayed in this room. Just for the views alone I think it is worth it. I'm sure that my mom is spoiled now as she had never been on a cruise before. Nothing will probably be the same after this being her first room.

Great pics! The TV does look small. Every time I see one of those hall doors with the slats--I know this is really strange--I get a bit seasick. I can't imagine walking down the hall and seeing them over and over. Going up and down doesn't give me the same sensation. I know, it's strange!:eek:

This slat decor is only on these scenic ocean view rooms not on the whole deck.

Archived