Still nobody for Armonia 30th November? and a question for MSc Admin.

susyq 1967

Hi all.

Is there ANYBODY sailing the Canaries on Armonia on 30th November? Lot's of other roll calls for other ships but nothing for this. Or am I missing it completely?

Also, just noticed somebody responding to a post about irons etc and he told a lady traveller that Curling tongs and hair straighteners were not allowed? Surely not? They are allowed on RCI ships and there can't be a lady on this planet who will go to a formal dinner without straightening her hair??? I can't anyway ;)

Edited by susyq 1967

Just because there's no one on your roll call doesn't mean you'll be the only one on the ship. MSC Canary Island cruises are almost always full and there are usually lots of Brits on that itinerary. Your fellow passengers probably are not cruise critic members.

There was recently a post from MSC USA on the question of ladies hair straighteners, etc. and the answer was yes, they're allowed.

Hi all.

Is there ANYBODY sailing the Canaries on Armonia on 30th November? Lot's of other roll calls for other ships but nothing for this. Or am I missing it completely?

Also, just noticed somebody responding to a post about irons etc and he told a lady traveller that Curling tongs and hair straighteners were not allowed? Surely not? They are allowed on RCI ships and there can't be a lady on this planet who will go to a formal dinner without straightening her hair??? I can't anyway ;)

Hair straighteners are allowed onboard. Sorry for any confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Only just joined roll call last night and we are also going on the 30th November flying from Manchester. Could be we on same flight.

Have been on MSC 4 times before and no problem with hair straighteners as was confirmed, also hair dryers not very powerful and bathroom steams up so much easier to have your own in bedroom.

Done this Itinerary loads of times and they are great ports of call. We never go on their tours so expensive and its so so easy to do you own thing.

If you want any info on ship we have been on Lirica and Opera which is more or less the same as the Armonia .

MSC come in for a lot of bad reports but we have always found them great value and good fun. so don,t be put of with the negative remarks.

No there wont be as many English on board as other Nationalities but as long as you switch of from all the announcements in 5 different languages you will have a fab time.

May see you there never know.:)

Hi Yes, we are flying from Manchester. Think we are going out with jet2 at about 9am ish? Was thomas cook but they pulled the outbound flight. We are coming back with them though.

What time is your flight? I'm a little bit worried as it seems quite tight? But a TA did it so I guess we are covered.

We have only cruised with RCI before but I am not worried about MSC cruise. Seems good value for money for a bit of winter sun.

We don't plan to do any tours in particular but enjoy a lazy few days!

Sue

Hi there .What a coincidence we are on the same flight 9.15. We booked as soon as they repositioned the ship back in July and no flights were available at the time as a package with MSC, so I booked through http://www.cruise.co.uk. Like you thought it was a bit tight with flight but they assured me was plenty time they book enough so must know. Have to say they been brilliant with my booking and queries. We have a private taxi picking us up its about 40mins tranfer so all being well should be there 4.00ish. Make yourself know to me if you want I am sitting in seat 14a our tickets came yesterday. :o I am Sandra by the way its my hubby Trev who signed up but me doing the post.

Be good to know someone else on our flight doing same cruise. Always booked with coach transfer before so bit worried about getting taxi.

One negative about MSC is the chaos in the buffet restaurant its always so so busy get the food then you cant find a table and its never very warm. We have taken to going for all our meals in main dining rooms. So much better and food also better although they say its the same.

Spend 23 nights last year on the Opera doing U.A.E so you can image the weight I put on.

Hope you have a fantastic time may see you on plane or ship.

Regards

Sandra

Hi there .What a coincidence we are on the same flight 9.15. We booked as soon as they repositioned the ship back in July and no flights were available at the time as a package with MSC, so I booked through www.cruise.co.uk. Like you thought it was a bit tight with flight but they assured me was plenty time they book enough so must know. Have to say they been brilliant with my booking and queries. We have a private taxi picking us up its about 40mins tranfer so all being well should be there 4.00ish. Make yourself know to me if you want I am sitting in seat 14a our tickets came yesterday. :o I am Sandra by the way its my hubby Trev who signed up but me doing the post.

Be good to know someone else on our flight doing same cruise. Always booked with coach transfer before so bit worried about getting taxi.

One negative about MSC is the chaos in the buffet restaurant its always so so busy get the food then you cant find a table and its never very warm. We have taken to going for all our meals in main dining rooms. So much better and food also better although they say its the same.

Spend 23 nights last year on the Opera doing U.A.E so you can image the weight I put on.

Hope you have a fantastic time may see you on plane or ship.

Regards

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

I'm Sue and hubby is Andy. I will look out for you on the plane! How did you book the taxi and how much if you don't mind me asking?

We have cruised before but only with RCI. This is our 2nd cruise this year as we now have the bug! This was a bargain so don't mind the scrum in the buffet. A colleague just gpot back and visited Casablanca and hated it. Will tell you more when I find out why :-(

Anyway, good to know there are more Brits on board!

My countdown has begun

Hi again Suzie

I did not book the taxi cruise.co.uk booked it for us as part of the package. It was £85.00 return. Had no idea when I booked how far away it was now having been told on my taxi transfer voucher it is 40mins approx so I suppose not to bad. It may even be cheaper for you as I am sure the agents must put there commission on as well.

Yes I have to agree Casablanca is awful port it's dirty and town not to nice either. We have found a nice beach about 5 min taxi ride away which is possibly the only nice part. My Son almost had his bum bag torn off him in the Souks not nice area at all. We will weather permiting just chill on the ship that day and half - not the place you want to wonder out to after dark.

Agadir is a bit nicer fantastic beach and prom a few mins taxi ride away that's all we intent doing as not much else there. Nice bars and stoll along sea front. We went there a few years ago and was talked into going to Tarodunt don't bother awful place near port is far nicer.

Don't know if you been to any of the other places but any info I can give you just have to ask.

Like you we are on countdown now. You did not say if you on for just one week. I am looking forward to the 2nd as we love Maderia La Gomera,La Palma. Anyhow if the weather is good that's the main thing.

Looking forward to meeting you and you hubby Andy. Glad when reach other end hate flying much prefer the cruising this is why we usually go from Southampton. Staying overnight in Manchester the Friday so much easier, less stress.

Think once you have been on one cruise hard not to get the bug had it for 25years!!!! nice bug to have though.

Regards Sandra:cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I did do a review on both of the main cruise sites (One on here). Not technical enough to do put the link up but go look at reviews for Armonia in December.

If you can't find them then suffice to say it was a good cruise, well worth the money on a lovely clean ship.

Sue