Celebrity Reflection | February 22, 2014 | Fast Friends Meet Again

movedeast

Well, you have quite the itinerary. Gracias por la información sobre la noche formal. I suppose I'll/we'll change after dinner & pack. I'll start packing next weekend a little at a time.See you in less than a month.

Hello Virginia! ¡Bienvenido a bordo!

I think it is a wonderful idea for all of us who have been communicating to finally meet. Perhaps we could meet somewhere after we unpack (after the drill) or before dinner or after dinner. I didn't mention during dinner because I don't know everyone's preference time for dinner. So, we are open to any suggestions. From my experience, there is a lounge that offers a meeting place for "Friends of Dorothy" at a specific time. We would have to check the notice board at Customer Relations...I think. What does anyone else think?

Hi Peter, we haven't sorted that out yet. We've stayed in St. John before and I feel comfortable getting there and back (ferry/taxi). With an early start we can take a ferry back before they get crowded ... so there's a little bit of risk (but that also depends on the number of ships in port). I haven't look at the excursions thoroughly. As an alternative I've also been scanning the web for St. Thomas resorts with nice beaches/restaurants that allow day visitors. What do you think?

Hi Ray: Just needed to read "Oasis of the Seas" to know that it'll be a crowded day in port. We were considering the ship's excursion to Sapphire Beach, but have since heard that the chair rental facilities and washrooms are closed, and I believe the excision isn't even offered anymore. I'm not sure I need a rental chair, etc. but we've been too chicken to venture too far from port unless we're on an excursion. For St. Thomas this time, we'd prefer to visit a beach. The ship offers a beach excision to Magens Bay, which seems the simplest option. But if you find a resort or an alternative idea that is independent, we could be interested. Two years ago, we were with a group who rented a van/driver in St. Maarten to drive us to Orient Beach and back. It made for a nice day to feel removed from the cruise, but with knowledge that there was a car waiting. If not a private van, then I guess cabs seem plentiful on St. Thomas, at least in Charlotte Amalie.

Looking forward to hearing what you may be up to.

Cheers,

Peter

Hi everyone,

I'm Andrew from Toronto and I'm all booked to join you on the Reflection. It's great to see such a thriving community forming beforehand. My partner is traveling non-stop on business for the next couple of weeks so I'm traveling solo to escape this crazy winter!

Is everyone going to the Friends of Dorothy gathering (which I think is usually at 7:30 at Crush by the Martini Bar)? I'll definitely be enjoying sailaway at the Sunset Bar and hope to run into some of you there as well.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

Andrew

Hi Andrew! Glad you'll be sailing! We'll be looking for you.

Roberto - I love the idea of everyone getting together the first night. Steve and I are in!

Peter - You provided a lot of good food for thought. If the weather holds up (currently predicting 20% rain, 83 degrees) perhaps we can look at ST03 - the self guided six (6) hour excursion to St John. The ship gets you to Cruz Bay and back - the rest is up to the passenger. We are big fans of Trunk Bay. There are showers, snack bar, snorkel rentals and lots of white sandy beach to lay down on. It's $35 per person and leaves the ship at 8:30 am.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/mycelebrity/packaging/bookingExcursionDetails.do?productCode=STO3&componentType=1&ComponentCode=STO3

Ray