Early Saver

hannahsmomtoo

I think they'll refund anything until you get up to the final payment date, then anything after the final payment date would be given as OBC. You might be able to request OBC instead of a refund for the drops before the final payment date, however.

I may be completely wrong, but this is how I understand it works.

Might wanna double check with Carnival because I booked early saver, paid the whole thing off and my credit card got refunded for every price drop I found until final payment was actually due. Once final payment passed, I got an OBC for each price drop.

So what happens if you don't pay in full and just pay the deposit when you book? Can you NOT take advantage of price drops until it is paid in full?

If you book ES:

1. You can take advantage of every price drop for your cabin type beginning from the time you book, even if you just paid the deposit. In that case when you submit the form the price drop is subtracted from what you still owe.
  2. If you booked a fare with a reduced deposit, you will have to pony-up the remainder of the normal deposit unless the new fare is also a reduced-deposit fare.
  3. After your established final payment date, price drops are awarded in the form of OBC.
  4. If you paid in full before the established final payment date, any price drop before that established final payment date will be refunded to your credit card.
  5. You can take advantage of price drops up until 2 days before sailing.

If you did NOT book ES -- All of the above applies except #5; you can only take advantage of price drops up to final payment date.

Think this is all correct -- somebody will correct me if it is not!:)

If you book ES:

1. You can take advantage of every price drop for your cabin type beginning from the time you book, even if you just paid the deposit. In that case when you submit the form the price drop is subtracted from what you still owe.
  2. If you booked a fare with a reduced deposit, you will have to pony-up the remainder of the normal deposit unless the new fare is also a reduced-deposit fare.
  3. After your established final payment date, price drops are awarded in the form of OBC.
  4. If you paid in full before the established final payment date, any price drop before that established final payment date will be refunded to your credit card.
  5. You can take advantage of price drops up until 2 days before sailing.

If you did NOT book ES -- All of the above applies except #5; you can only take advantage of price drops up to final payment date.

Think this is all correct -- somebody will correct me if it is not!:)

#3 does also not apply if you did not book ES, but everything else is how I understand it.

I booked in December 2012 for an October 2013 trip and paid in full instantly. Every price drop I received was given to me in the form of OBC, however, that's how I requested it on the form. It came in very handy as we had 2 indoor rooms and by the time we sailed, we had $900 OBC.

Archived