Going to Rome by way of Paris, Venice, Florence

and then over to Rome for 16day Transatlantic cruise on Carnival's LIBERTY.

Most of you here are well traveled. I'm open to anything and everything on hotels, tours, and trains for Paris, Venice, and Florence.

I think I have Rome pretty well planned.

Any suggestions, help, advice, pictures, maps, hints will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brenda

and then over to Rome for 16day Transatlantic cruise on Carnival's LIBERTY.

Most of you here are well traveled. I'm open to anything and everything on hotels, tours, and trains for Paris, Venice, and Florence.

I think I have Rome pretty well planned.

Any suggestions, help, advice, pictures, maps, hints will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brenda

I assume you are flying into Paris for the start of this trip.If you take a taxi into Paris to your hotel please be warned NOT to use any other taxi other than Taxi Parisianne(sp) as noted on top of the taxi and only at taxi stands.Do not go with anyone that comes to you as you leave the terminal offering a taxi.

As for hotels in Paris there are so many...do you want the Left Bank or the Right Bank,and what is your price range? I suggest you start by checking out Tripadvisor.com as it will give you some idea of price and location.I lke to stya in the 8th arr but that is my choice and some like the 6th arr.There are many place to eat in Paris and you can see the menus in front..all different price ranges,but very expensive restos will require reservations.The hop/on hop/off bus is a great way to see Paris and there are two different lines basically going to the same area,but you can get a brochure for each one and see what you would like to do.the 2 two days pass will get you around all over,and you will not have to use the metro.You don't say how long you will be there,but 3 dyas would be nice to get a taste of Paris.

Are you flying to Venice from Paris? Or the train.Venice is a great city to explore on your own and again TA for hotels as the price range varies so much.You can then get the train from s.Lucia to Florence on the Eurostar,and then on to Rome.You will need reservations for the ES which you can obtain there or do before you leave if you have your exact dates.There is 1st and 2nd class seating.It is about 3 and half hrs. to Florence from Venice,and then then about an hour and a half to Rome from Florence.I would stya city center in Florence as it is easier to walk around then and Florence is a walkable city.

Again TA for hotels re location and price range.Lot's of good place to eat as well.Once you get to the train station in Rome a taxi to your hotel to rest up for the cruise.

I know this info has been general,but it is hard to give advice not knowing what people want to spend or may or may not want to do.I am sure other's will have some good advice and if you have specific questions not answered I will check back.Good luck planning..sounds like a great trip.

Link for TA..

Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvi

Archived