Cool Tours of Galveston

LostAgain

I had previously asked for suggestions on what to do on the day we arrive back in Galveston after a Royal Caribbean cruise because our flights don't leave Hobby until 7 pm. The problem is storing our luggage, of course. I found this from Cool Tours, and I am waiting on a quote from them for our party of five:

If you take the tour when you disembark we can:

• Pick you up at the cruise terminal
  • Store your luggage while you take the tour
  • Pick you up at the end of the tour
  • And take you to Hobby Airport. You have a choice of taking either the Single Ride tour if you are short on time, or the Hop-on Hop-off tour if you want to spend more time exploring the island.

Does anybody have any experience with this? Sounds like a great solution; now I wonder how much it costs.

Thought I would provide an update myself on this, in case others are in the same situation. I have been going back and forth via email with Steve, Owner/Operator of Cool Tours. He has been extremely patient and responsive in answering all my questions and hammering out the details. We are about to book with him.

A 12 passenger van will pick us up at our hotel near Hobby Airport at 10:00 am and take us to the Galveston port for the RCCL cruise. At the end of our cruise, we will call Cool Tours when we disembark (they are not allowed to park at the port), and they will pick us up within 15 minutes, store our luggage for the day, and transport us to their hop on/hop off bus. At the end of our day in Galveston, Cool Tours will take us via 12 passenger van to Hobby Airport. We will pay for our hop on/hop off tickets separately. For our group of 5 (3 adults and 2 seniors), the round trip from hotel to port and then port to airport is $265.

Hope this helps someone else. If anybody has any comments good or bad about Cool Tours, I would be very interested in your feedback. We are putting down a 25% deposit.