Plantation Inn in Lahaina or other Recommendation

blakethan

Ill be on the POA in Jan. Thinking about spending the night in Lahaina so I can be on that side of the island for early morning whale watching. Has anyone ever stayed at the Plantation Inn in Lahaina? Were you pleased with these accomodations or would you recommend somewhere else that is within walking distance of the Lahaina harbor?

Ill be on the POA in Jan. Thinking about spending the night in Lahaina so I can be on that side of the island for early morning whale watching. Has anyone ever stayed at the Plantation Inn in Lahaina? Were you pleased with these accomodations or would you recommend somewhere else that is within walking distance of the Lahaina harbor?

I have not stayed here, but just from walking by and looking in, it looks lovely. Not a big modern high rise hotel, more like old style Hawaii just as it's name says. It is very close to the harbor.

Maybe go to Tripadvisor for reviews.

Plantation Inn is indeed an old school hotel right on the harbor. Be prepared for noise from Front St. in the evening hours. It's a good location for browsing Front St. and jumping on a whale watch, we like Trilogy from Lahaina.

You could also look at Lahaina Shores but I'm not sure about one night availability.