Excursions booked and I'm excited!

brovan1

I am such a planner so to actually book this trip about a month and a half before we leave is crazy for me! I mean-my hubby and I used to do that before kids, but with kids it's a whole different story! So now my planning goes full speed ahead! Wanted to get stuff booked before the things we wanted to do were all full, so here's our plan on our trip on the Carnival Miracle:

Cabo San Lucas-day 1:

My husband really wanted to do a fishing trip. We are water/boat people. That's how we spend our weekends in the summer up here in the Pacific NW so it seems like a good option. The one thing I was concerned about was our boys. They are used to boating so that doesn't concern me, but I didn't want them to get bored. I found a trip that would be catered to them while still getting some good fishing in for my husband. And my hubby is excited that he has someone else there to get all the lines and fishing gear ready so it's not so much work for him and he can enjoy spending time with the family. We booked through Redrum Fishing Charters. They seemed to have good reviews and a lot more reasonable in price as compared to others. They will also take us by the Arch and sea lions. Hopefully we will see some whales while we are out too as a bonus!

Cabo San Lucas-day 2:

We want a relaxing day, but I wasn't too crazy about the party atmosphere around my kids on Medano Beach, nor did I like the idea of vendors trying to sell me things constantly on the beach, when all we want to do is kick back. The last time I was in Cabo, while I loved the beach, I didn't like the vendor thing going on there. While in some ways it was great to do your shopping right there, it did get a little old by the end of the day. So, after searching on this site (it's SOOO great for getting information on what to do/where to go) I decided Chileno Bay/Beach was better for what we wanted. Now the dilemma came-how to get there? Do we go on another charter for snorkeling which would be a lot more $$, be on someone else's schedule and what if the water's cold or my kids don't want to snorkel (they are 10 & 6) not to mention the cruise line charters, my youngest wasn't old enough for. Do we take a taxi? That made me worried about how to get back to the ship on time. So I saw a post that someone actually hired a driver who took them to Chileno, provided them with umbrellas, drinks, and water. Then took them to the glass factory and lunch at a great restaurant...so that's what I'm leaning towards. It is pricier than taking a taxi, but there's the reassurance that you have a ride back and someone to take you on a mini tour of Cabo. We don't always do so well on our own, and my husband gets a little impatient trying to "find our way" by ourselves in ports we have stopped in before. Having said that, it's cheaper than paying for the 4 of us to do an official tour through a tour company or the cruise line.

Puerto Vallarta:

The pirate ship!! This seems to have great reviews and seems especially great for kids! Plus we get some beach time and swimming/snorkeling in which is important to me and my hubby. And it sounds like we get some entertainment as well!

Hopefully in each port we will have a little "free" time to wander the shops etc. Don't need much of that as we definitely would rather spend our time on the beach and water, but it's always fun exploring the shops too-well more me than my hubby!

I have to admit-when we did this cruise before we had a great time, but it wasn't my favorite itinerary, but as far as the cost of airfare, it was the best option for us this time around. The last time we did this cruise-I hadn't found this site, but am so thankful I have! I think I have found some great things for our family to do and I'm getting so excited! So thank you to all of you cruisers who post your insights, helpful advice and information and reviews of all the places you visit. It is so appreciated and makes it so the rest of us can prepare and plan the BEST vacations!!!

Oh and we get the bonus of visiting Disneyland for 3 days before the cruise leaves! One of my favorite places (even though it will be CRAZY busy)! Kind of a 2 for 1 vacation!

Edited by brovan1
misspelling

I am looking forward to your reviews of your excursions!

I, too, am planning for kids (ages 9,11) and it's much different than for just DH and myself!!

I am leaning toward the Pirate Ship OR Las Caletas... I just can not decide!!

Interested to see how the taxi to Medrano turns out... I never thought of that.

Please post when you return!!:D

• 3 weeks later...

We did the Pirate Ship and loved it! The water was a little rough, so my daughter got sick, but was fine after that. They have delicious food, and it is really fun. They get you so involved. But to let you know...it is an all day excursion. We did not have a whole lot of time to see PV. This time around, we want to see PV. Cabo last time we did the Dolphin excursion, and just walked around the port...there was alot of construction going on when we were there last. Have a great time! We are planning on watching whales in Cabo this time, and beach time.