Car Seats for infants.

Pic22

Does anyone carry car seats with them on a cruise? Does anyone use them when travelling during excursions, I know people say "what can happen", I would rather be safe than sorry. I did bring a car seat with my cruise to Bermuda with 1st DD, and after hauling it the first day and the driver being very careful, I went without on our next excursion, and the guy was driving like he was in the Indianapolis 500. But how do you go on excursions with the car seat?? Does anyone know if you leagally need one on a bus, or is it like a plane, you can use one, but not necessary. We are using a mini-bus to get to the pier and they would not allow us to use a bus without seat belts, so I will be using the car seat to get the pier.

TIA

I had the same concerns. I know a car seat is not required on a plane but when my daughter was in the infant, I did take along her infant rear facing car seat. The airline will only let you use it in the seat by the window. Now if I rent a car, I use Avis because they rent car seats and are certified to install them.

We are also going on a cruise soon, so just today I purchased the Tote n Go DX portable car seat on ebay. They are around $30 new. Here is a link to the Safety 1st's website that lists the specs on this seat: http://www.safety1st.com/product.asp?productID=565

It has a Five-point harness for forward-facing 25-40 lbs. It weighs less than 4 lbs and the LATCH is not required. I know it will not be as safe as a normal car seat but I figured it is better than nothing on a shuttle bus.

Archived