Chase Suites Hotel in Tampa review

01Sweetpea

We were on the 7/3 Miracle and stayed at the Chase Suites on 7/2. We had a 2 bedroom Suite (there were 5 of us) with the sail package. Price $149 for the night.

Once we arrived in Tampa and collected our luggage, I called the hotel. The shuttle bus was there within 10 minutes, and it wa a quick ride to the hotel. We didn't arrive until after 11pm, so the hotel was really just for sleeping.

The room was nice, on the second floor, but after traveling all day, it was a pain to have to carry all that luggage (7 suitcases) up the stairs, especially since the kids were all to tired to help.

The breakfast was ok..... cereal, muffins, pasteries, some fruit and make your own waffles. Not alot of seating, so it's hit or miss when you go to eat.

We had arranged for a 10am shuttle, and it was there at 10am. Quick ride to the port.

Now here is my only minor complaint. We were delayed because of hurricane Dennis. Because of the delay we decided to stay at the Marriott at the airport Sunday night into Monday (we were at the hotel for 4 hours!). During the early evening on Sunday, when I could get a signal, I called Chase Suites to let them know that we would be getting in very late, after midnight, and would they be able to take us to the Marriott since it was "technically" at the airport and that is where the shuttle was going ot be dropping us off anyway. The manager (whose name I didn't get) told me no problem, just call and someone will come and get us immediately.

So after FINALLY getting off the ship, I call the hotel, and they tell me I need to call the Marriott to come and get us. When I tell him that I spoke to the manager and they said it would be no problem, he told me it would be almost 1 hour before he could send someone!!! WHAT????

Luckily the concierge from the Best Western overheared my conversation and took us to the hotel for free! We tipped him generously.

We used the Chase suites in Jan 05. We had 8 in our party. Six were flying and two were driving. The shuttle from the airport and the free parking for the duration of the cruise worked very well for us. We did have a bit of a wait after the cruise for the trip to the airport. However, we felt the convenience was well worth the wait. I also felt the price which for us tax and all included was about $80 a couple was a bargin considering the shuttle service and the free parking. If we sail out of Tampa we would definitely use Chase again.

Hope your cruise was all you hoped it would be.

Hi,

I'm also booked for the Chase Suites for my pre-cruise. I'm glad to hear that the hotel itself was adequate for the day. We will be arriving Sat and leaving on the Sunday.

The best thing about the hotel is the shuttle to and from the port. Hopefully I won't have any issues with the shuttle coming home.

My group of 11 will be staying in 2 two bedroom rooms. Thank you so much for your review of the hotel.

Michelle

Hi,

I'm also booked for the Chase Suites for my pre-cruise. I'm glad to hear that the hotel itself was adequate for the day. We will be arriving Sat and leaving on the Sunday.

The best thing about the hotel is the shuttle to and from the port. Hopefully I won't have any issues with the shuttle coming home.

My group of 11 will be staying in 2 two bedroom rooms. Thank you so much for your review of the hotel.

Michelle

I doubt you'll have a problem. I'm sure they weren't happy about having to take me to a different hotel. I bet if I hade my reservations to stay with them again, they would have been there in a heartbeat!!!

Archived