When can you purchase AI, excursions etc.?

Bill B

I've booked a pseudo back-to-back (11-day W. Med. on the Fascinosa followed by a 12-day E. Med. on the neoRomantica) in January 2015 directly with Costa on their Pacific/Asia website. I can assess my bookings on the site and have filled out the Web check-in, but can't buy the All Inclusive drinks package or shore excursions etc. as they are "not availabe at this time".

I'm wondering how many days from sailing do they 'open' the bookings to allow these purchases?

I've booked a pseudo back-to-back (11-day W. Med. on the Fascinosa followed by a 12-day E. Med. on the neoRomantica) in January 2015 directly with Costa on their Pacific/Asia website. I can assess my bookings on the site and have filled out the Web check-in, but can't buy the All Inclusive drinks package or shore excursions etc. as they are "not availabe at this time".

I'm wondering how many days from sailing do they 'open' the bookings to allow these purchases?

For some reason, the website doesn't always allow you to pre-book. But don't worry, the minute you board you can buy:D

excursions are usually posted 3 - 6 months before sailing. as another poster said, you can purchase the AI package onboard, but i'm surprised you can't buy it now.

Regarding the AI - it's my experience as well. It won't be available through the Costa site before a couple of months prior to departure.

However, you can always call Costa and have it added immediately - there are no cost related savings for during so though, as you can purchase it on-board on embarkation day.

Philip