Celebrity Eclipse - Fort Lauderdale to Southampton T/A April 19 - Pier Piper Sailing

Petert102

Hi guys!

Just discovering this forum and this thread. My friend Jeff and I will be on this sailing with you but not with Pied Piper ... we just booked directly (neither of us had heard of PP until we read this thread!). Hope to get to meet you all despite not being part of the PP group. :)

We're still sorting out which excursions, if any, we will do. We've both been to Nassau (and I Bermuda as well) but the Azores will be a new destination on the travel map. I definitely want to do something there ... just not sure what.

We're arriving Fort Lauderdale on Thursday 17 April from Seattle (Jeff) and Dayton, OH (me) and spending two nights at the Sheraton on the beach (SPG points redemption!). Upon arrival at Southampton, we'll take the train to Weymouth for 2 days (I have friends there who run a B&B) and then up to London for 2 days at the Hilton Metropole Hotel. We head back home on 6 May.

So looking forward to this trip!

Mike

Hi guys!

Just discovering this forum and this thread. My friend Jeff and I will be on this sailing with you but not with Pied Piper ... we just booked directly (neither of us had heard of PP until we read this thread!). Hope to get to meet you all despite not being part of the PP group. :)

We're still sorting out which excursions, if any, we will do. We've both been to Nassau (and I Bermuda as well) but the Azores will be a new destination on the travel map. I definitely want to do something there ... just not sure what.

We're arriving Fort Lauderdale on Thursday 17 April from Seattle (Jeff) and Dayton, OH (me) and spending two nights at the Sheraton on the beach (SPG points redemption!). Upon arrival at Southampton, we'll take the train to Weymouth for 2 days (I have friends there who run a B&B) and then up to London for 2 days at the Hilton Metropole Hotel. We head back home on 6 May.

So looking forward to this trip!

Mike

Welcome

Sorry to hear that you are not with PP, so you will be missing their private events, shore excursions and dining arrangements ( Later sitting ). Still the troop congregate in the Martini Bar around 6:30pm so see you then

Hugz

Peter

Hi Mike,

Nice to have you with us. Although you won't benefit from the PP experience, at least there will be loads of sociable gays on board. We've been on ordinary cruises and sometimes only met a couple of peeps at the LGBT meetings.

I know some just want to get away and have a nice quiet holiday, but meeting up for a drink can't be too difficult... I've just thought - maybe it was us! :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

One week to go and I can't wait.

This has been a slow message board but I'm sure there'll be lots of LGBTs on board - there must be enough if PP are sending a host with us.

I'm packing plenty of books for the sea days and arranging my wardrobe into large (for the first few days) to extra large. I'm even bringing a cummerbund for the final formal night when I'll need to hide my unbuttoned trousers (I gained a pound a day on the last cruise).

Sorry if I'm sharing too much, but you're all seasoned cruisers and probably have tricks of your own - although the duct tape is still a surprise to me. I suppose it could act as a replacement belt when the old one just can't take the strain any more.

See you on board

Roy