Excursion with a 3 year old

sunlite2u

Hello,

we will be in Antigua in January. Looking for a day trip with our 3 year old. We generally take excursions on each island to learn history, see the sights and have some beach time.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated - looking for nothing too expensive and most places now will charge a 3 year old full price.

Antigua is an excellent destination to do just that! We took a private tour with Lawrence of Antigua. He's a great guide and can create a very informative tour based on Antigua's wonderful naval history and add any other sights you would like including Shirley's Heights and even a lunch on a beach if you so desire.

Very confortable van and he provides drinks and snacks as you request. Definitely an excellent choice for your day in Antigua.

We just did Lawrence of Antigua last November with my 3 young kids (ages 6, 4, and a 22 month old). It was a nice tour that hit the highlights of the island and you have time to hang at the beach. He charged us $45pp and did not charge us for all 3 kids. I thought that was wonderful. The best advice I can give you is book him and make sure you don't get Leslie as a guide. He was our guide and he was horrible. Barely spoke and only answered in 1 word answers when asked questions.

Also, we went to Valley Church Beach and it was kind of rough that day. My kids couldn't really enjoy the beach. Ask Lawrence what beach would be best for your 3 year old on that particular day if you can. Have fun!!!

thank you for your recommendations!!

I ended up contacting Lawrence and got a spot for us! How do I ask who our tour guide will be ahead of time without sounding..rude? lol

Thanks for your help! really looking forward to this stop!

• 3 months later...

We did end up booking the Lawrence of Antigua tour and I would completely recommend it! Lawrence was great, and really good with our son! (you will find that when you take your child on tours you will most likely be the only couple with a child) which actually ends up being great. Everyone was wonderful, the tour was great, and the beach we went to I believe was "Valley Church Beach".. AMAZING! easily the most beautiful beach/water we have seen.

You will not be dissapointed :)

If you have any other questions, let me know.

• 4 weeks later...